Who has the fastest stock "109" block TTA??

I don't believe thats a "real" TTA :cool: ok when I was down at Cecil County this past weekend there was a TTA there that I "think" ran a 10.6 ??? anyone see that car to ??? :confused:

Yep, That would be my TTA. I didn't know if anyone from on here was watching or not.

Trent I always watch the TTAs :biggrin: Had one brand new and beat the hell out of it (well the wife did:p ).. ran high 11s in 1990 as a stock car.. Good luck on that 9 sec run !!! :cool: here was my "woulda,shoulda, coulda TTA" :p got in a "mood" and sold it in May :eek:

Attachments

• TTA4.jpg
    TTA4.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 285
Scott, I had a chance to run the TTA a Cecil this weekend and the first run out. It ran a 10.66 @ 125. That's letting off before the beam. I was having some fuel issues so I only ran three times having to let off at the 1/8 the second and third run. Come to find out, when I got home, It was a bad plug in #6 causing it to show a rich condition on the scanner. Billy didn't want to keep leaning it out without finding out what was causing it, so I put it on the trailer before round 1 started. The 60' was well in the 1.40's on the second run at about 8 lbs. of boost. I have no doubt this car will be in the 9's next time out. It's not the fastest TTA, but I am running a stock intercooler and block w/ Iron ported TTA heads on race gas and Alky!:biggrin:

That's awesome Trent...glad to here you and Billy finally got that beast together...now I really wish I had come to Cecil :( A 10.66 @ 125 on the 1st run is great...a little tweaking and it looks you will be in the 9's for sure. Congrats to you and Anderson Performance on building a very fast awesome super rare car!!!

If you haven't seen Trent's car you are missing out if you love the TTA...I think it only has around 8,000 miles and it is absolutly awesome cage and all. Still pretty much looks stock too :biggrin:

P.S. (Trent)
Haven't installed the trans/converter yet (thanks again for the great deal) I'm waiting on some other parts to make it all work together...looking for mid-low 11's to start, check out my sig ;)

Scott

Also, i have one GMHTP magazines that feature a TTA! There is Marv Spomer that is a one of 24 hardtops with leather with only 4,100 miles on it. Then the same mag has a dragstrip run of a TTA.

The car on the dragstrip is my car, #850. It has scince been 13.37 @ 103.82 bone stock :) Spomers car is a cloth/hardtop, 15 built.

Me and Mike have spoken about all this stuff in length.. fwiw the Fastest TTA belongs to Rob Crissafulli.. and that one has already run in the 7's with a twin turbo small block chevy.

Yeah the only thing TTA about that car is the vin and white paint. I'm getting tired of being nice. When I was faster you, youd run your mouth about how there was one in Ga couple years ago that ran 10.50's(Post #9 above). When you go 10.55 you claim to be the fastest 109, then I beat your top dollar car with my backyard junk and all of a sudden my car isnt a TTA but a twin turbo small block chevy powered Trans Am is. I'm sure if I was running alky things would be different :rolleyes:

I dont really care about for this bull**** anymore.

Mike, you said it right and family is what I've been turning my attention to, I'm done with this place.

My car ran at Reynolds 2 years 10.5 at 132 on stock crank, stock rods, stock pistons, small shaft turbo, radials, 2004r tranny, full interior.. etc on pump gas w/alky. I stepped it up to another TTA and started throwing money at it(High Dollar).. and all I did is duplicate what I ran with my junk setup. I quoted IF I had to do a 3rd gen platform again.. I would do exactly what you did.. so props for not cutting up a valuable car. But I dont feel an 89 GTA with a 3.8 turbo transplant= a Turbo Trans Am. that is my personal .02. I dont know how others feel.. but we can take a poll and see what others say.

If the trash talking bothers ya.. get into another sport. I have and never had a beef with you. Just simple rivalry to keep interest in trying to break more parts. Pull the motor out of the red car and put it in the stocker.. run a 10.5 and i'll say you were quicker. :wink: At 132 i'm still faster :D

No high dollar stuff anymore...

The car on the dragstrip is my car, #850. It has scince been 13.37 @ 103.82 bone stock :) Spomers car is a cloth/hardtop, 15 built.

Yeah the only thing TTA about that car is the vin and white paint. I'm getting tired of being nice. When I was faster you, youd run your mouth about how there was one in Ga couple years ago that ran 10.50's(Post #9 above). When you go 10.55 you claim to be the fastest 109, then I beat your top dollar car with my backyard junk and all of a sudden my car isnt a TTA but a twin turbo small block chevy powered Trans Am is. I'm sure if I was running alky things would be different :rolleyes:

I dont really care about for this bull**** anymore.

Mike, you said it right and family is what I've been turning my attention to, I'm done with this place.

No need to feel like that. Your red car does run pretty good. But no matter what you do to it its not a TTA . Its a GTA with a TTA drive train ( Hybrid ). IMO you and Razor both have raised the bar. I dont think this thread was meant to be a pissing match.

when i owned tta 871 i ran 10.75@125 .......on a stock motor. block, crank, rods, pistons, heads, 206/206 cam, stock headers, turbonetics 72 bb turbo, gen7, performance trans race trans, 9x11 lockup tc. the car had 195k on the clock and the motor was built by turbofabricator .....i bought the car for 4500 bux 4 years ago, modded it to run 10's, sold it to a local guy who parted it out, returned the car to s,tock cut out the rollbar, and sold it on ebay.

Bad thing is it has became a pissing match. So now I have some questions. At what point is a TTA not a TTA. Is it when the THDP goes on or when the Alky goes on or when the 9 inch rearenr goes in or when the fast goes on or when the transbrake goes on or when the girdle goes on or is it when the steel caps go on or is it when you put a 4.1 block in or if you put a turbo 400 tranny or when the dequick front mount goes on? I think we all try to do what our budget will allow us to do.

Michael

A TTA was born A TTA , If it wasn't it isn't . Even if you put a V8 in it is is still a TTA. Also if you strip every piece of interior out of it , it is still a TTA.

Any specialty car has copys made of them , We call those Clones. Sometimes Clones are nicer than an original to some people , To others maybe not.

Some people like the idea of having a fast -full optioned - full weight car. ( which is cool )

Some people shed pounds to make fast. ( which is cool also )

Fast is Fast

Relax and Enjoy

. At what point is a TTA not a TTA. Is it when the THDP goes on or when the Alky goes on or when the 9 inch rearenr goes in or when the fast goes on or when the transbrake goes on or when the girdle goes on or is it when the steel caps go on or is it when you put a 4.1 block in or if you put a turbo 400 tranny or when the dequick front mount goes on?
Michael

I have none of the above.......yeah....I still have a TTA:biggrin:

Its a TTA when the 8 digit of the VIN is a "7" - after that it can run 7's or 13's - doesn't matter. Cars were built to be driven, keep driving the piss out of yours:D

State Farm and other insurance companies do recognize that VIN7 as a difference. I know I pay more on insurance becuase of it. :wink:

Isn't the original question who has the fastest 109 block TURBO TRANS AM. Which I haven't seen ANYONE run faster than my 139.88 or quicker than my 9.98. Does it really matter if it isn't a REAL TTA. Also you buick people need to look outside of your forums and out of the box that you live in. You basically called my car a fraud that it can't go that fast with only 009 injectors and a RA93 chip. Also you DON'T have to cut the strut towers to put a turbo buick into a 3rd gen F-body. I thought that was funny that even the EXPERT Mike at Modern Muscle car thought the same thing. They fit just fine. If a BBC will fit then I think that the little Buick will fit. Also everyone says that you don't need this and you don't need that with a turbo motor. It doesn't need tuned intakes or exhaust or any other secrets or massaging. Maybe that is why I ran so fast.... Have any of you been to a NHRA race and seen how fast people can go with STOCK parts I.E. quadrajets that run in the 9s. What about NASCAR 358 cid engines making 700 with a 390 cfm holley to 850 horsepower with a 830 carb. They, like me, finely honed their engines to perfection. Also I drive my car on the streets of south east Michigan getting 22 miles to the gallon.

Isn't the original question who has the fastest 109 block TURBO TRANS AM. Which I haven't seen ANYONE run faster than my 139.88 or quicker than my 9.98. Does it really matter if it isn't a REAL TTA. Also you buick people need to look outside of your forums and out of the box that you live in. You basically called my car a fraud that it can't go that fast with only 009 injectors and a RA93 chip. Also you DON'T have to cut the strut towers to put a turbo buick into a 3rd gen F-body. I thought that was funny that even the EXPERT Mike at Modern Muscle car thought the same thing. They fit just fine. If a BBC will fit then I think that the little Buick will fit. Also everyone says that you don't need this and you don't need that with a turbo motor. It doesn't need tuned intakes or exhaust or any other secrets or massaging. Maybe that is why I ran so fast.... Have any of you been to a NHRA race and seen how fast people can go with STOCK parts I.E. quadrajets that run in the 9s. What about NASCAR 358 cid engines making 700 with a 390 cfm holley to 850 horsepower with a 830 carb. They, like me, finely honed their engines to perfection. Also I drive my car on the streets of south east Michigan getting 22 miles to the gallon.

AMEN!!!!