Who is running the fastest with the least amount of upgrades?

whitehot1

Just curious who is running what times with the fewest parts?

I've read of a few running 11's with the stock turbo and intercooler.

One running 9's with a V-4 stock location ic but with larger turbo,pp heads,alky inj.,bigger injectors,etc.

I know the tune of the car and also the driver has a lot to do with what performance you will get out of any combo along with the track conditions and traction. :smile:

Please post your et / mph and what part or parts to achieve them.

Stock long block
42.5# injectors
TA-49
3"THDP
2800 stall converter
Stretch SL intercooler
Cold air intake
Custom chip by me:smile:
11.90's@111 :biggrin:

11.9s @114/115 .. stock TTA with a chip and a K&N.. M&H dots, race gas, shift kit.. Stock everything else from what I can remember.. That was back in 89/90 :eek:

GN... few mods with a V4 STREET car 9.94 @ 138 :cool:

You'll probably get more info by reviewing signatures with just a scan of "several threads". Either way--answers will be all over the place,,,

I know i can and have looked at signatures of members to see what they have listed in them.:D

I started this thread for a few reasons one of which it will keep admin from sending me a message suggesting to me to post a question or reply to a thread to help out a fellow tb owner with a question or problem. ;)

Stock long block
50# injectors
TE-44
3"THDP
3200 stall vig. converter
V2 FM intercooler
Translator/Extender/LS1 (at that time)
11.60's@117

stock turbo, engine, trans, TC, injectors

87 Dark Red Turbo-T

stock except fuel pump, ported stock exhaust housing, home-made 3" dp that eliminates the stock dp/housing donut, home-made dump, dutt neck stock IC, hooker exhaust/test pipe, big mouth cold air kit, "old school" thrasher 100 chip:biggrin: , 110 torco fuel.

7.74 @ 87.9, 1.69 60' on 28x9 MTs. Car ran consistent high 7s. Saw the car on Ebay a couple years ago, kind of miss it........

Stock long block (never opened) 108k miles
New valve springs
PT52 turbo
DIY alky kit (non progressive0
255/16 BFG drag radials
THDP
CK 9x11 3600
60lb injectors
Turbo Tweak alky chip 23/19

11.65@116 1.60ft on pump gas and alky
Car weight 3753 w/ me and 1/2 tank of gas

Not the fastest, but on steel GN wheels, full tank of gas, 250 lb driver, and a tool bag. No alky kit yet. If I would have shed some weight, in the 11's for sure:rolleyes:

stock unopen longblock, stock conv, TA-61, 009 inj, xp pump, thdp, stretch ic, stock ported tb, 100lb valve springs, went 11.19 @ 119.93. 28lbs of boost on stock steel GN wheels.

Stock unopened motor, crazy leakdown, should have been thrown away... TE63, Cottons front mount, hotwired 340, DP, 3" exhaust, genII, been 11.53 on pump... no alky

Stock turbo
Stock injectors
Stock intercooler
THDP
K&N air filter
Hotwired Walbro pump
100% stock engine
On drag radials

12.19 at 112

Check out sig.I dont have the least amount but its alright.I know there has been people in the 10s with less than I have and 49.Those are the ones that should post and check out some of the old combos on gn/ttype.Thise guys went fast with what they had because they didnt have much back then.Find the tim stockwell story,those times with what he had will make you think your doing something wrong.

Check out sig.I dont have the least amount but its alright.I know there has been people in the 10s with less than I have and 49.Those are the ones that should post and check out some of the old combos on gn/ttype.Thise guys went fast with what they had because they didnt have much back then.Find the tim stockwell story,those times with what he had will make you think your doing something wrong.

bigger isn't always better :biggrin:

Stock IC with dutt neck
Stock MAF
Stock throttle body
Stock plenum
Stock heads
Stock cam
Stock headers
Stock boxed lower control arms, stock uppers
HRparts rear sway bar
50# injectors
Art Carr 3200 converter
THDP
3" ATR exhaust
pump gas + alky
TT chip
GT6152 turbo

11.4@112mph with a 1.54 60ft on MT drag radials in the white T at 25lbs boost.

I also went 12.4@106mph with all the stock stuff above plus stock rear sway bar, stock downpipe, and stock like injectors (green stripes) on a stock turbo at 22 lbs boost.

2006-Stock unopened motor,TE-44, 42# delphi Inj., THDP, Stock Exhaust from cat back, stock intercooler, K&N, road light removal on driver side H/M ram air, casper's chip, 104 no lead/93 no lead mix, Nittos, 22psi, 12.11@113