Who makes a great twin gauge A pillar piece for a t-top?

marleyskater420

still needs to learn
I checked g-body parts and 1.)they never pick up the phone, and 2.)their review were not-so-pleasing.

I have t-tops on an 87 Limited and I am looking for a twin gauge pillar piece that is the whole piece, not just the bottom. Anyone know someone besides gbodyparts?

Thank you.

those seem to be the best option. Thanks.

is there any other place I can mount 2 gauges besides the A pillar and that center mount on a column shift t-type?

I was told someone makes a piece for under the AC controls? This car is cherry and I really don't want to mess it up. Its a two-tone grey on charcoal with t-tops Limited...really don't want to mess something like this up...

I have the Lotek style guage pod. I have the 2 gauge, full pillar one. For it to fit a t-top car, you need to cut part of the end off. It goes past were to top is. I think I also had to notch it a little around the visor mount.

It wasn't hard to do, just used a hack saw and then sanded down the edge to make it look nice. I like the look of the full pod compard to bolt on pod and this is the only way to do it if you have a t-top car.

Chris

I have a hardtop car(s) but the loteck gauge pods are really nice pieces. I have had 3 of them and they all fit nicely. They paint it to match, and the color is pretty good. Good luck

I have the Lotek style guage pod. I have the 2 gauge, full pillar one. For it to fit a t-top car, you need to cut part of the end off. It goes past were to top is. I think I also had to notch it a little around the visor mount.

It wasn't hard to do, just used a hack saw and then sanded down the edge to make it look nice. I like the look of the full pod compard to bolt on pod and this is the only way to do it if you have a t-top car.

Chris

thanks. I was going to go with this and mount my gauges and alky lights there (gnx dash) but I decided to mount them elsewhere because I cannot find a small plastic cover for the alky power injection bulb. I don't want just a plain light sticking out of my gauge..kinda tacky.

If I do find one, I'll be going with lotek. thanks.

There's only T-top one gauge pod, Sold by several but ti's all the same

Here's an update. I got the Lotek 3 gauge pod. It's a pos. Don't waste your money. Who makes a good one? By good, I mean one with a factory style lip on the exposed edge nearest the door. The Lotek piece has no lip, and the metal seam shows.

Here's an update. I got the Lotek 3 gauge pod. It's a pos. Don't waste your money. Who makes a good one? By good, I mean one with a factory style lip on the exposed edge nearest the door. The Lotek piece has no lip, and the metal seam shows.

No One.

You can use a little black insulation to hide the wiring and the A-pillar but that's the best you can do.

I'm working on trying to make a lip out of Plastic and fit it to the existing A-pillar but so far it looks like crap.

Thanks for the tip. I might try the same thing, or maybe some sort of thick tape applied where the lip would go. Can anyone with a pillar pod set up post some detailed pics of their install?

I thought the same thing when I bought my 2 gauge pod. I was actually ready to send it back, but then I tried something first. Put the original one back on and put the new gauge pod over it. It fits. I just used some double sided foam tape to hold the 2 together. It looks nice now and no metal lip exposed.

I thought the same thing when I bought my 2 gauge pod. I was actually ready to send it back, but then I tried something first. Put the original one back on and put the new gauge pod over it. It fits. I just used some double sided foam tape to hold the 2 together. It looks nice now and no metal lip exposed.

Wow man, like the 2 guys in the Guiness beer commercial said... "BRILLIANT!" Excellent idea. Why didn't I think of that? How long has it been on? Any trouble with the tape letting go?