You can type here any text you want

Who Makes The Best Slicks???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Underboost

Mr. Dull
I have the HR Parts Bar, HR Parts upper, and lower arms, two air bags 1# each, no front sway bar, and koni ajustable shocks in all 4. The car launches straight with out pulling the wheels " well maybe 2'' " I am running Goodyear 28''x11'' slicks and they spin like crazy with a 1.48 60ft!!!:eek: Who makes the the best slick with a good bite?

U have the right tire...

If ur sure ur spinning the tire, then with the suspension upgrades on that car the tire is not the issue. U have to adjust, then test, then adjust and test some more until U have it just right. Im actually hoping to go 1.47 this year on a drag radial, but we'll see if I have things right for that.

If ur sure ur spinning the tire, then with the suspension upgrades on that car the tire is not the issue. U have to adjust, then test, then adjust and test some more until U have it just right. Im actually hoping to go 1.47 this year on a drag radial, but we'll see if I have things right for that.

I agree depending on the age and the use on the slicks.

Slicks that are years old or almost wore out dont fare well

I 2nd what Otto said. Phoenix (aka the old Firestones) are the stickiest slicks money can buy. Be warned tho, they won't last as long as MT or Hoosier, but they will hook, and you will be cleaning up a lot of burnt rubber that will be very, veeeerrrrrryyyy sticky. WD-40 is your friend tho and they don't require as much of a burn out at the track.

For years, everyone was running the Firestones/Phoenix tires until they outlawed the tire from the classes. In TSE, the favorite was the 28.5 x 10.5, but it was deemed too wide, so most guys went with MT 28x10.5.

For the street, I have seen Hoosier slicks out hook MT slicks on a well prepped street. ;) My choices, for track Phoenix, for street Hoosier, best all around in the middle for both types and will last awhile, MT.
HTH

Patrick

I just rechecked the current 2007 rules.
Looks like they changed that statement and are now allowing an even larger tire. Here's the statement for TSM, TSE & TSL classes.

"Rear drag slicks w/sidewall designation up to and including 29.5” x 10.5” – 15”. No "W" tires allowed. Rear DOT street tires with sidewall designation up to and including a 29.5” x 12.5” – 15” size tires are allowed. Rear tire footprint when installed on a rim and mounted on the car can not exceed a maximum of 10.6" in width at 10 psig checking pressure. Tires may not be shaved at the tread edge to meet the 10.6" maximum tread width rule."

GS NATIONALS RACE RULES .:. MAY 15 - 19, 2007 :: Buick GSCA GS Nationals.

So it looks like the Phoenix tire is no longer an issue.

Patrick

Back