who started this website (founding fathers) and when

Travis bought T6P from the forum guy, ECool. I bought it from Travis!

i was around in 96 when the GN T-Type with Scott Keller,Mean Scott Simpson and Ken Moser along with some others and the Mailing list .I think TB.com started in late 97 or 98 and not sure but a guy named Lance was buying a ton of drinks in BG on behalf of the site .Before the GN.org site i would touch my GN but worked on cars my entire life .was just not sure how it all worked back then .had a 75MGZ computer with a 14400 phone connection

There are some names from the past... Wow has it been that long? I guess we are all getting old. I bought my GN in '96 and been driving Buicks since 1980, I joined a few years after I bought the GN, don't remember exactly when?

I enlisted on this site IIRC in "97. Was promoted to the rank of Moderator in "98.
The site crashed in 2001 but thankfully wasn't down that long. It was the first real crash with data loss.
I'm pretty sure Mike Licht and one other gentleman (I hate that I can't remember his name) started the site.
At one point, there was a "Way back machine" on the web that had original "Pre-crash" TB.com content saved on it's server. I saved as much as I could on an older computer as jpgs, but unfortunately that computer is MIA after 3 moves. I was also on gnttype.org's mailing list back in the day.

I for one, am very thankful that the site is still around and especially thankful for Shane and crew painstakenly keeping it alive and well. Thank you guys.

-Patrick-

I was here in 2002, lost my account do to my own computer crash and didn't join again or even bother with the whole internet again till 2011.

I was here Pre Crash when it was a white background. I think I originally joined around '98-'99 because my brother had his GN and i'd buy and sell parts for him. I was only 16-17. I re registered in Dec 2001. I remember when it changed color and I was like why would you make the site black?

I think I remember posting on a message board on GN/TTYPE.org but it eventually turned into this being the main message board.

this is great all you guys reminiscing and all the the info on the OG's
exactly what I wanted
much respect

hey bruce where you at , you might be able to remember and add some info on this

Long term usually works, here. However, it's failed me, this time. :rolleyes:
I remember when I had my 86T company car, the site I was on, was run by Mike ?, and I think his dad was involved.
AIRC, they were in Fla.
Y?/ N?

Joined Jan 2005. Got a ton of great info. Blew my head gasket, garage burned down with engine in it, had three kids, bought another engine and now I'm back to try to figure out what the hell is going on! lol!

Great site.

I recognize a lot of the names, but it seems some of the big dogs are gone.

Mike from Fla sounds familiar. I always wanted his rims! They fit perfect! lol!

bruce Toelle told me it was him and another guy (chevy guy) couldn't remember his name back in 96 , then he sold to Shane, so was there a guy or guys before bruce ???

It was started as Mike Licht and Debler then Licht had his business and slowly departed .
Then It was Jason Debler in 92. I joined him in late 92.
I worked with him till he wanted to persue CamaroZ28.com and I said "well hell I'll do it".. Famous last words of a moron.....
I bought it from him in 93- 94 somewhere in that area it totally changed hands. When I took it over it had 2 paying advertisers (if they paid) and 2480 members.
We revamped and reloaded then took it to 53 paying advertisers and over 28,000 members with the NUMBER 1 source for tech on the 2004R transmission On The WEB!
I searched at that time for the best and leaders in our community. Recruited Nick Micale number 1. Then Leeper and whoever I could get that had talent and dependable knowledge of our cars. Brought on Joe Chung who at the time was a BAR of California employee. I am sure I am leaving some really awesome dudes out and I'm sorry if so. But I tried to recruit the best our field had to offer at the time. We expanded as the demand required. But the FIRST thing I did was recruit QUALITY PEOPLE.
I sold it to Shane ( SGRIM) in 2006
I can fill in the blanks for anyone who really cares to know.
I guess at this point, I would be the one to ask.
If its that big of deal I can pull all the paperwork with exact dates. but it was a fun ride and a lot of work over the years. I applaud Shane and his crew for keeping it going and UP TO DATE with the latest and greatest.
It is not easy guys.... I KNOW THIS from experience. I thank Shane and give back when I can.
TRUST ME !!! One has to put up with ALOT of shit and whining and complaining. Also there is always one in the bunch that just wants to be a pain in the ass cause they can. These people needless to say can be done without.
PATIENCE and having a good moderation crew is the key. And like I said. You try to keep 30,000 people all happy at the same time.
GOOD LUCK !!! Literally impossible.
Thank you Shane and crew for giving us the forum to spread the tech, pics , parts, and member friends in general till this day and beyond.
I for one appreciate, all that is here for us to enjoy and share.
Bruce Toelle
WE4
And a proud to have been a TB.COM admin...……..
Thanks again Shane and Crew !

Last edited:
AND do not confuse TURBOBUICK.COM with Mike Savino and TURBOBUICKS.com
Grave error that would be......