Who Wants To Be Mentioned in a Turbo Buick Tech Article for Street Legal TV??

96 Corvettes and 96 Caprices had different part #'s for the pwr antenna motor even though they were identical; but the price wasn't! $260 vs $85 or something like that.
Ok SA.......they were the same price I used to use the X one. My understanding was the 20 had issues when testing and so they used the 22

Well thanks to Neal's help, I was able to get the car sorted out yesterday afternoon.

Long story short, it turned out to be a combination of a faulty O2 sensor, and a cracked spark plug - we replaced the O2 and all of the plugs. We also dialed in the TPS and IAC sensors, and cleaned the TB and intercooler tubing to get the car running better. There's still a bit of lag with the headers, obviously, but the car now runs great, and better than ever! There are a few little kinks that still need worked out, but we'll get there soon enough...

He even gave me a deal on a new set of Highway Stars interior door trim pieces for my GN.

Just goes to show that there are really great people in the Turbo Buick community, and we all can benefit when we help each other out!

Thanks again, Neal!

Rick,

I'm glad you could make it down and I'm glad I could be of assistance. I'll be interested to see how the dyno results end up with the new headers. If you have any more issues come up or need help in the future just drop me a line.

Neal

Here is the story...

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/tech-s...ling-hooker-headers-on-a-buick-grand-national

Are you planning other mods? Why hookers on a bone stock car? Stockers are good into the 10's.

When I bought my car in 1996 it was a 14 sec car with hooker headers. Those are long gone changed back to stockers now running Poston's headers.

Because I tried to get a set of headers from T/A Performance, but it was a no-go. Hooker was the only company willing to help out with this project.

Poston has long went out of business, and it's kind of pointless helping a company out with exposure if they no longer exist.

Besides, when they were still in business they took $250 from me for parts and had the least bit of interest in actually sending me anything in return. I had to to get a refund through my bank and they went after them. I'll pass on Poston.

Hookers IMO are the worst set of headers ever made for a GN, other than some of the Chinese knock off out there., my buddy had a set on his car and they were a PITA trying to fit and seal., if yours worked out perfect Kudos to you. :)

Hookers IMO are the worst set of headers ever made for a GN, other than some of the Chinese knock off out there., my buddy had a set on his car and they were a PITA trying to fit and seal., if yours worked out perfect Kudos to you. :)

So far no issues. But that car has since been scratched off of the SLTV project car list.

...How many of you read GMHTP?

The Hookers are not good for the GN's... a 9-10 sec maybe but not for a 11-13 sec street car GN. I have the Poston headers I know they sucked at the end before their demise but they had good headers not as good as the old ATR's or the best ones that TA offers but better than stock and way better than the Hookers. And hey if the hookers were free to you then hey so be it. Good luck with your build.

I will say one good thing about Hooker. My Y pipe back incl the mufflers are Hooker. Good stuff!