Why Do we never run into fast imports on the street??

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Yeah, he will run you on pump gas. He is always on pump and he is a Supra owner that WILL run from a stop, lol.

I didn't even mention Supras in my other post as I thought they were off limits :eek:

Originally posted by Ksupra94
I guess Im one of those Slow ass Imports :(

Guess I will go hide now.

If there wasn't such a mark up on Supra's due to the F&F queers, I would be buying one. :eek:

It's real slow, I don't want it. :p

Wouldn't be a good move, one day I'll own one.

:)

Why is it that people keep getting off the subject the point is if to believe the import crowd there are tons out there and are cruising the streets all the time then why don't we run into them and get beat more often.

Why is it so hard to understand the question that was asked.And respond with intellegent answers.

Every one keeps qouting one car hear and one car there but very few have actually responded with points other then I know of a guy.No one said they couldn't be made fast.But once again if there So many like the import boys would like us to think then why is it not happening more often.

You can one here and one there all day long and we can argue streetability all day long that still doesn't answer the question.

I do appriciate the people who answered the question in seriously like one aluded to maybe pecentage wise there arn't as many as people would like you to believe.

Or maybe its the part of the country you are in etc.

Or if someone came up witha a technical reason like very few want to ruin the handling of there honda to make them hook on the street etc.

But once again saying I know of 1-2 or 3 cars that are fast dosn't answer the question.

I could respond with fast buicks all day long also but it still would not be a serious or intellegent way to answer the question.

So I'm out of the conversation unless someone actually wants to answer the question instead of just I have a car or I know a guy.

Maybe you are not looking hard enough... And by looking at your 1/4 mile times there are plenty of cars that would hand you your a$$ on a silver platter. Better watch out for the new AMG cars ;).

Or make a trip down to dallas and race my import :p .

The majority of imports are slower than us on the street, so most of the time you are not finding those select few who have more money in their cars than you do. Due to the amount of torque we build on the pump gas, its real hard to beat us $ to $.

And running a 12.1 on 94 oct and 18 psi is not likely to be found on even 95% of the street driven turbo imports, supras included. You might find a few but we are talking the street here, more talk than walk by most of that crowd.

So what was the point of this thread?

You act like there are tons of fast dumbestics running around.

I never once pulled up next to ANYTHING that even stood a chance against my car from a dig.

There aren't that many fast street driven cars you'll run into, period.

The three I posted are just three of my local friends, with decently fast street cars, which you said don't exist.

Originally posted by kenny
So what was the point of this thread?

You act like there are tons of fast dumbestics running around.

I never once pulled up next to ANYTHING that even stood a chance against my car from a dig.

There aren't that many fast street driven cars you'll run into, period.

The three I posted are just three of my local friends, with decently fast street cars, which you said don't exist.

Kenny you are so right. When my Integra was running high 13's at 112mph turbofed i never got beat on the fly. The average car on the street is a 14 sec car. Trol the street on the weekends and hit a couple local donut shops and there you will see the difference. I have a 10sec Ttype and a 450whp Integra now and my Buick is fun as hell to drive but its only straight line performance. My teg is by far tens times more comfortable and does more then just straight line performance. A fast car is a fast car period. With imports its power to weight. Making 400whp in a import is easy and weighing 2200-2800 says its going to mph large like 130+. Don't knock technology you can make anything fly these days.

it's power to weight with all cars..

That's why I'm putting my motor in a Chevette! Not!! how comfortable you may be depends on your size too.I personally would not be too comfy in a Teg.

Originally posted by Mike Licht
I have a customer with a Talon that went 11.24 on 93 pump gas and street tires (NOT DOT or drag radials). No ALKY or Propain. How many guys here can do that? Some but not many. Every type of car has fast and slow ones. I get so tired of people thinking that this or that car is ONLY one that can go fast. I am just a car guy and I like 'em ALL. Have not seen to many cars that in some way I don't like. At the SEMA show this year about 30 to 40 % was devoted to Import or sport compact type cars. You better get used to seeing them cause they are not a fad and are not going away. If you think there is not fast ones you must not get out much.
Mike Licht

I agree Mike. We may not like it, but that is the way things are going. These little pocket rockets are going to get cheaper and cheaper to build as the market expands also. It is a reality that everyone here has to own up to.

Mark

Originally posted by ttypewhite
Kenny you are so right. When my Integra was running high 13's at 112mph turbofed i never got beat on the fly. The average car on the street is a 14 sec car. Trol the street on the weekends and hit a couple local donut shops and there you will see the difference. I have a 10sec Ttype and a 450whp Integra now and my Buick is fun as hell to drive but its only straight line performance. My teg is by far tens times more comfortable and does more then just straight line performance. A fast car is a fast car period. With imports its power to weight. Making 400whp in a import is easy and weighing 2200-2800 says its going to mph large like 130+. Don't knock technology you can make anything fly these days.

IS MORE COMFORTABLE?!?
How big are you, so many of the Jap cars are still designed for Japs - about the size of American woman.

And if your TR is only good for straight line - get it fixed, it will not cost nearly as much as import repair.
-------------------------------------------------
You guys are still talking about the exception.

JUST GO TO THE TRACK AND LOOK AT WHAT'S RUNNING 12'S AND FASTER.

Test and tune Friday - Hundreds of rice burners, maybe 1% in the 110+mph range, and of all the cars running over 110, over 90% are domestic.

Argue all you want to argue, but the numbers tell the story.

What I have not heard is how the fast domestics have had a 50 year head start while the import's have been at it in mass for only maybe a dozen years.

Blown&Injected, I agree. At the local tracks around here there are a handful of imports, but none of them are any real threat, ecxept one owned by a smuggler from our area, whose car would literally make the cars from the fast and furious look like go karts (which they are anyway). But that guy has so much (illegitmate)money in the car he doesn't take it to the track much, he likes to just show it off in his garage. Besides that one guy, any real competitors have american cars. But, I guess that also depends on where you live, i heard there are more imports in large cities. We are more backwoods up here, not to mention there is a GM plant in my town...

As far as power to weight, yes that is absolutely true. The same with technology. This is why i am not particularly impressed with 400hp from those jap. four cylinders anymore, or even higher numbers for that matter, even if it is only a small four cylinder. Dohc and vtec etc. make it relatively "easy" to make large numbers. Cars that small don't need to make as much torque or power, especially not down low, to go fast.

Originally posted by The Radius Kid
I agree that there's a lot of "posers" out there,but it seems that there's a few real ones too.
Sounds like the real ones are the ones who don't advertise the fact.:eek:

Isn't that true with most things?

fast rice?

i just sold my turbo acura integra for my 87 tr. i got tired of breaking things in the front end. But it was a quick car. It ran 13.20 but never really had a good pass, pump gas 18 lbs of boost with stock bottom end and trap speeds exceding 116 in the 1/4. I never got a chance to run it on good tires but it should of gone mid/low 12's with those trap speeds. I had full interior/AC,pump gas. drove it everday. Just cause you own an import don't mean your an idiot. just that it's a bigger challenge and alot more expensive but being young and dumb u learn the hard way. Thats why i'm building a tr now. But u guys should give these young guys out there a break. There doing something they enjoy. like u and me. Truth just cuz ur bigger don't mean ur badder. learned that lesson a couple times. Being a tr owner I'm enjoying the benifits of having a good car to start out with. I do agree MOST imports are not fast but thet act like it, kinda why i got of the scene.:D

The one thing that bothers about "ricers" with their turbo kits,etc.,is that it took American know how to make these little cars run like they do.
Yet they still crow about Japanese superiority.
Hmm......wanna bet?
A number of years back a chief engineer for Honda was asked why they didn't have a turbo model in their lineup.
His response was that Honda didn't see any need for a turbo on any of their cars,multivalve technology could do quite an admirable job on it's own thank you.
Uh huh......:rolleyes:
That would explain why guys over here put turbos on them to make them run with the big dawgs.