Why is NASCAR so lame??

Any sport can be lame if you don't take the time to understand it. There are 1/4 mile, 1/3 mile, and 1/2 mile tracks all over this country with local guys going racing. Any of them would love to take the next step closer to the top, Winston Cup. At each step the requirements get tougher, and the cars get more technical. A good chassis or engine builder from a Cup team can get a job in racing at any level. There are now more crossover drivers than ever before.

One of the great things about Winston Cup is the amout of parts they go through. People are building street cars with Chevy SB2 motors. A 700HP 355 Chevy could live in my garage.

And all the teams play on the same field every week. It doesn't matter who you are pulling for, they are going to be on all across the country.

Check out Circle Track magazine. I learned a lot about oils from reading it. And there are parts for your TR to be found in there.

I left out the most important part. Winston Cup used to be called Grand National racing. The class of 81 won so many races with the new Buick body style, that a new trim package was rushed into production for the 82 Daytona 500 in February. The Grand National was born and several of the first ones went right into the hands of the men driving them on the track.

So when you watch that "lame" broadcast on Sunday and listen to old DW covering the race, remember we owe our cars in a large part to him. He was the "Grand National" champion in 81 and 82 when our cars got their name and Buick decided to put the power in them to live up to their performance on the tracks.