Why no E85 in Connecticut?

Rest assured gas prices WILL go back up to ridiculous levels and E85 popularity will improve. Does not matter that the fuel econ is worse, people like "cheap and now" more than anything.

I dont know why I didnt check this when you first posted but there are 4 stations listed in CT with e85

E85 Stations
Wrong! Dont you think I would have already done such a search before making this thread? Those are DOT private stations for DOT trucks. NOT passenger vehicles. I wish but no.

Wrong! Dont you think I would have already done such a search before making this thread? Those are DOT private stations for DOT trucks. NOT passenger vehicles. I wish but no.

oh crap , I stopped once I saw the 4 pumps on the map:frown:

that is almost worse that its in your state but you cant get it - very frustrating

oh crap , I stopped once I saw the 4 pumps on the map:frown:
I actually did the same thing first time looking but I had just been to the national E85 site that listed no E85 stations in CT so I went back and saw DOT only. I just dont get why NY has so many and CT has none! Oh well

NY has several barge and rail terminals for ethanol. I suspect where you are only has limited access to cheap bulk ethanol and when it is 85% of the product instead of 10% - it becomes pretty important that the product to cheap. It may take a while for your area- what you may need to happen is for some ethanol plants to be built using other feedstocks.

NY has several barge and rail terminals for ethanol. I suspect where you are only has limited access to cheap bulk ethanol and when it is 85% of the product instead of 10% - it becomes pretty important that the product to cheap. It may take a while for your area- what you may need to happen is for some ethanol plants to be built using other feedstocks.
So ur sayen the states that have E85 all have similar resources?

the supposed largest rail ethanol terminal in NE is 40 minutes from me (Safe Handling/Auburn Me) but e85 is 2 states away (Mass) I bet the trucks filled with it drive right by !

I think the demand has to be there for the supply.. so since there are many e85 stations in NY its only a matter of time before one crosses into CT as people in the area start to buy it . I have watched Mass go from 1 to 4 stations in the last 2 years and am thinking until it crosses the border to NH I wont see it in Maine. At least CT has 2 bordering states with it to migrate from (Ma & NY).

So ur sayen the states that have E85 all have similar resources?

Yes- while it not not always necessary to have the production there- the major terminal AND a willing wholesaler is required. Do not look to a major oil company to be the purveyor of E85 which is a competeting fuel to gasoline. The exceptions would be a Gulf Oil (which has no refineries). Generally E85 is established via either an ethanol plant in the area (most efficient method for a 50 mile radius) or a jobber/wholesaler who has terminaling capabilites with a good rail connection.