You can type here any text you want

Widened Factory GN wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brady

Hi Guys, new on here. I saw some pic's of factory wheels that were widened. I'd love to get some 9 inch wide for the rear. Who does these???

Thanks! I wonder why they go 8, 8.5, 10? 10 seems to wide and 8.5 is pretty close to stock? I wonder how 8.5's look on a car.

GN stock rim is 7 inches wide. 15X8.5 would look good if, you want the stock look, but only if you have wider tires. 215/65R15 on 8.5 inch wouldn't look good to me. 275/60R15 look mean.

any pic's? I'm looking for a wider look in the back, just not "pro stock" wide...ha ha

Here are mine...widened GN wheels 15"x8"s with 275-60-15 tires on them. I had them done locally a long time ago but now, I found out that Jim Lyon at True Design Wheel makes them now. His work is top notch and he can make them any width you want!

Claude. :smile:

toofastforyou, very nice, that is just the width I'd like also. I think it fits just right! Thanks

a 235/60-15 on the stock rim up front and a 275/50-15 on a 15x8 widened stocker in the back is a perfect setup. I had this on my old car, the factory should have done them that way.

Bob

Bob what brand of tire did you run and did they wear even.

I have ran Firestone and BFG 275 50 15 on 8" rims and they always crown and wear the center out.

I always ran BFG.

I started with the euro T/A in the 265/50-15 size. a very nice tire

I tried some regular T/A radials (the old style) and didn't like the way they handled. They felt mushy.

I don't remember what was on them when I sold them. I have been using 16" wheels and tires for a while now.

Yes, they always wore in the center. the price you pay for a powerful car IMO. If you want long tire life drive a honda.......

:)

Bob

I have the widened rims from Jim Lyon @ True Design as well. I did the 15x8.5 on the back with Nitto 555's 275/60-15 and re chromed front stock rims from him with stock tire size on the front. His work is great. I just sent him 20 GN rims for cores so he should have plenty in stock for everyone! :cool:

3778970363_e2dcbb2c42_o.jpg

Kinda hard to see my rims in this pic sorry! :eek: :biggrin:

3778969621_48d30ef0e0_o.jpg

I always ran BFG.

I started with the euro T/A in the 265/50-15 size. a very nice tire

I tried some regular T/A radials (the old style) and didn't like the way they handled. They felt mushy.

I don't remember what was on them when I sold them. I have been using 16" wheels and tires for a while now.

Yes, they always wore in the center. the price you pay for a powerful car IMO. If you want long tire life drive a honda.......

:)

Bob

I usually get 2 -3 sets of rears to 1 front set, I know what you mean.

I have the widened rims from Jim Lyon @ True Design as well. I did the 15x8.5 on the back with Nitto 555's 275/60-15 and re chromed front stock rims from him with stock tire size on the front. His work is great. I just sent him 20 GN rims for cores so he should have plenty in stock for everyone! :cool:

3778970363_e2dcbb2c42_o.jpg

Kinda hard to see my rims in this pic sorry! :eek: :biggrin:

3778969621_48d30ef0e0_o.jpg

What car...ohh I see it. LOL

Back