Will 20 Grand buy a Low Milage 87 G/N with Astroroof

Originally posted by 1 OF 1035
let me know im in the market i have another one lined up with t tops but im unsure on t tops but its a nice one!!!

87 GN with 703 original miles Sam, mmmmmmmmmm GNNNNN, sooooo gooood :D :D

Originally posted by fitz3820
There is one for sale in CT last I knew. Beautiful car and yes it has the astroroof.

31k miles

Check out Jack Cotton's fourm - cars for sale:

http://www.cottonsperformance.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=814

Thanks Mark,
I think 1 of 1035
Is looking for somthing alittle more pure ... for example Orig tires, air box, fact stereo ect....
I'm leaning towards enjoying the car this yr instead of saving it for someone else..... After all I did buy it to enjoy
Mikey

My dad would sell his t-top GN for $20k. I forget exactly how many miles it has, I think around 50k. It's the original paint (not in very great shape, swirlmarks etc.) and is very lightly modded, just a conical filter and an adjustable wastegate. But please don't buy it because I want it someday.;)

Originally posted by TommyV8
My dad would sell his t-top GN for $20k. I forget exactly how many miles it has, I think around 50k. It's the original paint (not in very great shape, swirlmarks etc.) and is very lightly modded, just a conical filter and an adjustable wastegate. But please don't buy it because I want it someday.;)

I think $11k is a more realistic price for your dad's car, at least from what you told us about it.

Originally posted by gnturboray
I think $11k is a more realistic price for your dad's car, at least from what you told us about it.

I'd agree with Ray.

Mine's 24K miles, lots of Options (including electronic climate control), original paint, totally stock appearing (even correct tires) with everything fixed (fuel pump, stock apearing adjustable FPR, stock appearing airbox, greatflowing/sounding dual exhaust) and if I thought somebody would give me $20K for it, I'd deliver it anywhere in the US for free, with a full tank of race gas and not leave until the new owner cracked off an 11 with the extra set of drag radials that went with the car :)

without a doubt

just keep looking. Thats crazy money for a car like that. Wish I had one to sell you:D

For those of you who think 20 grand for an ultra low mileage GN is crazy, let me ask you this.

Would you pay $18,500 for a 2005 car that you know is gonna be a collectible, pay for it for up to 5 years, then store it for a total of 18 years (driving it less than 300 miles a year) if you knew you would only get $20,000 for it in 2023. Not me!!!

I think I did alright on my GN....sure I paid top dollar, but in reality I bought a practically brand new GN in 2005 for $700 more than it sold for in 1987. Given inflation, I paid way less than the original owner. It's all in what you are looking for....if you want a decent GN that is tweaked, they are a dime a dozen. If you want a practically new GN that nobody has molested, your gonna pay.....there aren't that many left.

FWIW & IMHO:
That is not crazy money for a car like that at all. John Deere just got the last deal of the century for all we know, and he does not realize that.

I think he's pulling our leg, I made him a GOOD offer on my car, although its a Limited, as yes I'm thinking of selling it ONLY to buy Brian Turners (theTwoBryans) HARDTOP TTA with ~3000 miles on it!!

Look here T Classic the bashing is uncalled for if you read the tread title you would know im not looking for a T Type but a G/N with Astroroof now if i was in the market for a T Type i would let you know !!!!!!! im not pullin no ones leg i have cash for the right car and yes i said cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't see where Sambo E-mailed me, my Appolgies BIG TIME!!

I do have the number and pics (regular Not digital) of an 8,000mi car in Boston that looks FANTASTIC and still has all the plastic on the seats - (978)853-4977. I'll scan the pics later today for ya if you want.

Again - Appologies!!

Without getting into specifics I recently sold my 100% original T-Top GN with 1,956 miles for (around and about) $21,000. Link to photo is in the sig. If you look closely you'll a ghost image of the window sticker still in the passenger window. It was there for so many years it transferred onto the glass.

that was a good deal for someone why get rid of such a nice car that would have been hard to do .

i have been watching these cars on E Bay there bringing crazy money for junk!! are these cars really selling or is there just some BS buyers on there??

Originally posted by 1 OF 1035
that was a good deal for someone why get rid of such a nice car that would have been hard to do .
The car needed to be in the hands of a collector and I felt guilty about driving it racking up miles. I'm looking for a well kept Limited I can drive and enjoy. My GN just took up garage space.