Will 20 Grand buy a Low Milage 87 G/N with Astroroof

Well I always value your opinion

Wells:)

Therefore I stand corrected. Maybe that isnt to much $$ for a car like that.

Anyway, a car is worth whatever you are willing to pay if you really want it.

Get one bought and post some pics!

Ty

i will throw my 2 cents in on gn prices.

i bought a 4600 mile gn in 95 for 18K and it was at the time the nicest one i found. i drove it to about 19K miles to shows and bowling green a few times. i did a few mods to it and wished i didnt. when i sold it, i got what i paid for it almost even with some mods.

i just bought a 9000 mile one this week in the low 20's that is 100 percent original. i am going to keep this one stock and with any luck i can get enjoyment from it and have it gain a little value in the meantime.

i personally dont have a problem paying 20K for a super nice low mileage gn, i almost got a 2004 gto with that money, and in 3 years, it would be worth nothing.

the market is based on what someone will pay for a car nice or not. as time goes on, there will be fewer and fewer of these cars around and we should all be happy with the way they hold their value unlike cars of the same era like iroc's, 5.0's, and other g-body cars.

im just happy to have a piece of buick history back in my garage now!

is Slo86gn named Lonnie if so i seen pictures of this car it was awsome if this is the one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by 1 OF 1035
is Slo86gn named Lonnie if so i seen pictures of this car it was awsome if this is the one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea, that was my car, now a guy in north carolina has it. it won one of the black diamond awards on gn registry.

i miss it alot, but the guy that bought it from lonnie wouldnt sell it back to me!!!

i was trying to buy that car at one time but at the time the funds didnt work out im telling you that car was a nice one plus it haules ass wish i could have got it but that has been years ago!!! i used to have pictures of it somewhere bu i lost them im sur i will find me what im looking for soon

i have found one with 703 miles on it but its t tops and im just a little unsure on the t tops is t tops a good thing or not!!!!!

I had T-Tops on a FORMER T I had years ago and LOVED them, as well as I raced that car and into the 11's I never had any problems with them. Hey if you pass on that car let me know I may be interested!

its not cheap its in the upper 20k range!! but you get what you pay for if you know what i mean!!!!

im not spending that much im having a hard time thinking about spending in the upper 20,s for that 703 mile one its worth every penny of it ,it justs make me feel better only spending 20k if you know what i mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess i will find one with a astroroof somewhere even if i half to go to Bowling Green but there everyone allways jacks there prices up but cas talks if you know what i mean!!!!

i was gonna wait and get one at the nats, but the one i got came up and i could pass it up.

its not an astro roof but sounds nice......

from Kirbans inner circle email....

WE HAVE A CAR FOR SALE

Technically speaking that is. It’s here at my house in
our garage. I will have more exact details on this
example in the next inner circle email. As it just
arrived at midnite and I am tired. It is a one owner
garaged since new 1987 Grand National hardtop with
under 5,300 actual miles on it. Very well optioned
power seat trunk release, analog dash, power antenna
etc. No paint work. Smells new inside. Doors shut like
day one. The PA inspection sticker on it reads 1990.
It was driven 250 miles to my house (oil was changed
prior to road trip). AC even works. It’s hard to
believe in 2005 cars like this still exist. Under the
lights, this car is one of the few that escaped the
plant with really good paint. It was garaged in the
proper conditions so everything really looks good. The
original owner passed away and that is why it’s for
sale now. My good friend picked it up (I bought two
other Turbo cars from him) and he bought my Mini
Cooper S last summer. This is truly one of the best of
the best. If you want to buy a new 1987 GN in the year
2005 you would be hard pressed to find anything
better and be at this price. It is priced to sell
based on what this car is. I do have the original
window sticker to go with it. As I stated more data
will follow on this car next week and it will appear
on our website as well. I plan to take photos this
weekend. A true 5,300 mile original 1987 GN. Price
is $23,500. We may consider some sort of partial
trade. My buddy has a fondness for late model Ford
diesel trucks and is still seeking a 1988 Honda Z50R
model. Contact me directly at denniskirban@yahoo.com or call
our office to talk to me direct for more details.

May I ask why you're set on an astro roof GN? I'm just curious as I no longer have one to sell. Personally, I prefer T-Tops and was sold on them once I got my TTA. Nothing like the open air of T's unless it's a convertible. Obviously T-Top cars aren't suitable for low 1/4 mile times but I suspect that's not what you're after.

i really dont know i guess because of the rarity i dont reallt know im just afraid of the wind leaks and water leaks i am looking at a t top car now but dont know about t tops that much except everyon says there trouble but if it is a low milage one it shouldn matter

I've had 2 T-Top cars. One was the TTA and the other was this past GN. The TTA had Lexan tops and were prone to squeaking and air whistles past 90 mph. The glass ones on my GN were not prone to this. A T-Top GN may experience leaks considering the fact the seals are 18 years old. However, there are upgrades and fixes to the seal design which is a minimal amount of $. Leak (if there was one) is solved.

Personally, I was set on an astro roof, low mile Limited, want to discuss RARE! Remember the market is based upon supply and demand. Your supply of low mile, astro roof GNs is extremely low and your need for one is high.

Re: Well I always value your opinion

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN
Wells:)

Therefore I stand corrected. Maybe that isnt to much $$ for a car like that.

Anyway, a car is worth whatever you are willing to pay if you really want it.

Get one bought and post some pics!

Ty

Ty: My apologizes, I might have sounded a little more aggressive/assertive than I meant to be. I meant no disrespect, but I don't think that you realize that you might very well have gotten the last good deal to be had on TTA's. I looked at the pics that the previous owner sent me and I thought that the car just could not be that nice for that kind on money. Oops, my bad. As far as the "'87 GN/Astroroof, under 20K miles for around $ 20K"
query goes, that would have been too much money for a car like that 2 years ago, but I think that it might only be a tad high on today's market and only shows the lookers/buyers desire to find a really nice car. Astroroofs are quite rare, and for someone that wants one, $ 20 K might be in the ballpark. Enjoy the TTA.