Will this fit?

david wilson

I am wanting to put 17x8 Torq Thrust M's on my GN. They are 4 1/2" backspace. According to tirerack.com, they will fit. The site reccomends 235/50/17 tires. Anybody run these or have any input?
Thanks.

They will fit but might sit a little too far under the car, 4.5" backspacing is a lot for an 8" wheel.

They will fit but might sit a little too far under the car, 4.5" backspacing is a lot for an 8" wheel.

I've had some 17x8 eagle 202's with either a 4" or 4.5"( and I really think its 4.5"), I also have belltech spindles with just a little rubbing but the springs were not new, but with stock spindles you should be fine and maybe with new springs and belltech spindles you should be fine.

David,im running 17x8 4'bs in the front.only picture i have at this point.give 30 minutes or so to go to the garage to take a couple of pics

Attachments

• buickgnpicscarshow012.jpg
    buickgnpicscarshow012.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 185
fronts r 245/45/17 4'bs no rubbing at all :biggrin:
the car is on jacks but you get the idea

Attachments

• 012 nite.jpg
    012 nite.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 174
  • 014 nite.jpg
    014 nite.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 171
  • buickgnpics003.jpg
    buickgnpics003.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 010nite time.jpg
    010nite time.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 181
1st off, Id suggest a 4" BS all the way around on a 17x8" wheel.

2nd off, Id suggest a 245/45R17 tire all the way around on a 17x8" wheel.

Why, because I ran this combo on my Monte SS, & GN 7 years ago with no problems what so ever. HTH

PS- I know a 4.5" BS fits, but I feel it "sucks" the wheels in too far...... just my .02

david wilson -

FWIW, I agree with the posts above - 4.5" is too much b.s. for an 8" wide wheel. It will fit, but the wheels will be tucked in too far and won't look right IMO. 4" b.s. is the most I'd go with an 8" wide wheel. I actually prefer 3.5" b.s. with an 8" wide wheel - fills out the wheel well very nicely.

selecting an aftermarket wheel for a G-body from off-the-shelf wheel selections is difficult these days because most vehicles use a positive offset now whereas the G-bodies really need zero or a little negative offset to fit and look right. Not many companies mass producing zero or negative offset wheels anymore except in 15" diameter.

DIAZ 87 -

nice wheels! and nice car! are those Budniks?

Rob
:cool: