Windshield Pillar Gauge Mounts?

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Seeking advice on a driver's side windshield pillar gauge mount. Looking for either a single or dual gauge pod that mounts up high near the roof. Want to mount at least a boost gauge. Maybe one of the new round Scanmasters. Would prefer that the gauges & mount are hidden as much as possible. What vendor has these available that fit correctly?

Do they interfere with the sun visor?

Are they available in colors that match the interior, or require painting? My interior is Camel colored.

What make, model & size boost gauge is recommended? How about the scale? Typically display 30" vacuum, to 30 psi boost? Or 35 psi boost?

How about running the wiring & vacuum/boost line as clean & unobtrusive as possible. Can the after-market gauge illumination usually be adjusted without making the dash lighting too dark?

Any other advice?

Thank you.

What vendor has these available that fit correctly?

I looked for quite some time, found 1 that I thot "may fit"...NOT! It was JUNK. So bad, that I called the mfgr for a refund. He sent me one, and told me to throw it in the trash.
He explained that the process to mold them was too expensive, when they tried to roll the outer lip, to make it look like an OEM piece.

The only gauge pod that I've found that looks OEM and not stuck on with 3m tape, is made by Lotek. They make a 2 pod and a 3 pod for 2 1/16" gauges. It is designed to replace the factory a-pillar trim.
G-body Parts sells them, or you can order direct from Lotek's website. If you order from their website, you have two choices, black unpainted, or GN/T-Type gray. You gotta select the color option though. It's not perfect, but IMO, it looks a lot better than the tape on Autometer pods. They are the only company that has made the complete replacement piece over the years. I have a 3 pod that's going in my car soon.
http://www.gaugepods.com/oldsmobile.html

-Patrick-

Thanks guys. I saw one about 8-9 years ago, single gauge pod that mounted up high enough that it was not visible from outside. Unfortunately I have no idea where it came from.

Anyone else have anything to add?

I just sold a dual gauge pod. You add hole in your stock a pillar cover to run the wires then it will use the. Same screw that holds your stock cover on.
81AD89B6-9E23-429B-9172-9305CFB0F451.jpeg

From what I have seen, every single one made needs cutting, trimming, glueing, taping, screwing, painting caulking or whatever to get it to look somewhat correct. It's a process:rolleyes:.

I did this on mine. Then I used a leaf blower tube outlet, trimmed it, and rolled it over with a little heat from the propane torch to make an additional 3-5/8 inch pod for my tach.

076-jpg.260613