wont start now!!

tskdave

Hello everyone, me again!!! Well after changing to plug wires back to how there suppose to be, it wont start!!!! I hate to keep trying because it is backfiring. Could I have blown the coil pack??? no codes in the computer. Can it be that flooded?? Should I try to start holding the gas to the floor??? Just changed the plugs a week ago, dont want to cause any damage..... It always started before 1st time....now nothing. Thanks for all the help.... Dave

I tried, it just backfires. It was running rough, so I ordered a module, and new coil. I hope this cures the problem..... Will holding the gas to the floor, then trying to start "clear " out some of the gas??? or will that make matters worse? Dave.

If you were closer I would give ya one of my three coil pack/modules' to try out. Sucks buying new parts and then that isn't it. Check the plugs for good gap, I know ya just put them in, but ya never know. That is my project tommorrow,new plugs and new wires. :( - Nick.

I read the forum and I put in Autolite #23 .035 gap. These should be good , correct??? Dave

Yes the autolites are a good choice. What has been done to the car prior to this issue?

I have been slowly going threw the car since I've bought it about a month ago. It looks like it was all pieced together. I am not very happy about it at all. Runs rough, no boost replaced alot of sensors. If he changed the chip in it, would it be located in the ecm???? Waiting on new moduale, coilpack. Hope that takes care of alot of problems. Everyday I learn something new on this site, thank God you guys are here to help.....One thing at a time..... Any suggustions????? Thanks, Dave

Before we go any further, please don't assume that there's only "guys" on this board okay. LOL Seriously if I can help out let me know. Let's see what happens after you get the new parts. Yes the chip is in the ecm in the kick panel on the passagner side. There's a small plastic screw you will need to remove that the top of it and the then slide the panel down, make sure to unplug your battery first before checking. Better not to have power going to ecm while you are looking at it. And remain grounded while handling. If it's an after market chip should have some type of writing on it,

sorry for the assumption!!!! Well I just put in brand new 87 coilpack and module......car starts but backfires on every stroke... I have replaced almost every sensor on the car. It will only start if I wire the plugs 153 on LEFT side????? wire it correctly it wont fire. Needless to say I am just about to give up, it sounds like either a pushrod/lifter/valve problem... I dont know. I dont have the knowledge or money to fix it. Would anybody know how much to rebulid the motor??? Any places around Chicago/Rockford area???? This car has not ran right for me since I bought it.. Don't know what to do.... I will try a new post also, hopefully I will get some response.. Thanks, Dave

hey i dont know how much knowledge u have on these GNs but i dont have much myself but the basics down from everyone here. but everytime i try everything all the tips and advice from everyone here and i still have a problem i just get a mechanic to take a look or to shoot me some ideas of wat it could be just for ideas not for repairs i just play it dumb and say my car is doing this and i dont know wat it is and how much ? then i do it myself and come back on here for step by step instructions on wat ever it is and most the time i get it i guess wat im sayin is dont give up on the car just yet and let someone else take a look at it and get ideas just my 2 cents :D r just get that coil ingnition module from qwik85 and pay the shippin its a deal i think

Backfire Issues

Dave. I too am fairly new to the world of turbocharged Buicks but I have been a mechanic for 50 years and to me it seems to me you might have a timing problem. If you in fact have the plug wires in the coil in right order, I wonder about the camshaft position sensor or the crankshaft sensor. Probably someone else on here would know more about this than I but. Its an Idea. Don't give up. Bernie Steffen zstef@mchsi.com

I have a cam sensor tool, maybe I will check it. This all started when I must have put the plug wires on wrong. Could that have changed the cam/crankshaft sensor settings??? Had a huge backfire. I hope I didnt destroy something in the motor...... sounds like it is backfiring right out of the turbo.....Thanks Dave