You can type here any text you want

Would an A/R .85 housing gain me anything?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
If you run striclty 1/8 mile tracks you likely won't see much gain, possibly a bit. In the 1/4 though you'll see some mph improvement on the big end.

How much boost are you running? I wouldn't change it unless you were clearly having a back pressure issue.

I ran a 6265 with both a 85 housing and a 63 housing. Running at 26-27lbs of boost with ported heads the trap speed was basically the same. Actually the 63 trapped 1 MPH faster but maybe the conditions were different. This was trapping at 125-126 to give you an idea of where I was at. The spool up was quite a bit slower with the 85 as well.

Great Info as Im looking at a 6265 now and was going to go with a .85 housing looks like the 63 is better :)

Thanks for all the feedback. I will stay with the .63 and find another use for the money I saved. :)

you really need to have the boost way up there for that .85,always slowed down and lost et with the .85 vs .63 on 49,62/65,and even on a billet 64mm strim.the .63 pte and tnetics .63 have been 9's.im currently running mid 10's and track tested a mph loss and et loss when running the larger .85 housing

Mr. Spool--Thanks for the additional input. I am staying with the .63.

My 60' isn't too bad. I still have a pair of lower control arms in a box from two years ago, that I need to install.:smile:

Order a .85 after you go 110+mph in the eighth.

I ran a 6265 with both a 85 housing and a 63 housing. Running at 26-27lbs of boost with ported heads the trap speed was basically the same. Actually the 63 trapped 1 MPH faster but maybe the conditions were different. This was trapping at 125-126 to give you an idea of where I was at. The spool up was quite a bit slower with the 85 as well.
were you running through the exhaust or cutout?

you really need to have the boost way up there for that .85,always slowed down and lost et with the .85 vs .63 on 49,62/65,and even on a billet 64mm strim.the .63 pte and tnetics .63 have been 9's.im currently running mid 10's and track tested a mph loss and et loss when running the larger .85 housing

Was this through the exhaust or dump?

Maybe spool a tad slower. But switching between the two housings was night and day difference. On the street it was so much more fun to drive. Roll on boost is night and day better. At least for my setup.

One thing that I learned was going from a ported iron and .63 to ported aluminums and .85 spoolup is the same.

Back