Would I be crazy to do this???

First off, putting a Turbo Regal drive train into any thing but a Turbo Regal is a waste of time and a stupid thing to do. Don't do it.

Well, GM built the TTA. ;)

Naah, different pistons, and heads. That's a TTA motor. Besides, I was just busting Mark's chops. I say, if you want it, buy it or build it.

I think a chevy car with anything other than a chevy motor in it is a good idea, give them a taste of their own medicine. Even if it's a 5 liter ford, man that'd pi$$ some people off. I wouldn't sell your GN though that's a very nice car. And I will also be buying from you shortly (big mouth kit and 3.5" maf pipe.)

My $.02

bob

Originally posted by wagon
Besides, I was just busting Mark's chops. I say, if you want it, buy it or build it.

:D I knew that! Ever see what Brian drives.:eek: :D

Going to look at the Nova tomorrow. I am going in with an open mind. If it feels right I am going to do it.

What do you think my GN is worth on ebay?

http://www.buickgn.com/boost.html

Thats a fantastic looking GN with a lot of nice work done to it. I would bet (I dont know the miles) that you could get upwards of 18K for that car. Thats sort of a low point, you could probably get more for it.

Mark i have a complete short block ready to go for a 66-67 nova. I have been looking for a few years but they are hard to come buy.

I would keep the gn and if the price it right get the nova.

Sean

I still attend local euro cruises and I go to some PCA events, I just don't open my trunk and if asked I tell people "I have a heavily modified turbo swap" and leave it at that.

:cool:

Back in '88, I was going to UTI in Phoenix and a kid there sold a beutiful 81 Camaro to buy a primered 71 Nova. When he towed the Nova in, we kinda laughed at him for trading down. When he got the car over to the steam cleaner booth and popped the hood, I about sh!t my pants. It had a stock 87 setup in it. All he had to do was finish little things like fuel pump install, accessories and such. That thing ran in the low 12's @ around 110ish with a STOCK engine. I think it had 3.73 gears and slicks. The car hardly weighed anything.

I say DO IT. I'm dropping a hotair setup into my 73 Vega and going mustang hunting.