You can type here any text you want

WTB-Set Of Champion Ported Iron Heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I can get them to around 205cfm on the intake and 160cfm on the exsaust . Stock heads flow right around 155cfm intake and 110 cfm exsaust

For comparison purposes, ported Champion irons flow 202cfm on the intake and 156cfm on the exhaust.

Here is where I am gathering that info from: http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tablehdc.htm#Buick

So in other words, Chris does some excellent work :)

He just ported a set of heads for a local guy up here in Norcal, and he is incredibly pleased with Chris's work!

For comparison purposes, ported Champion irons flow 202cfm on the intake and 156cfm on the exhaust.

Here is where I am gathering that info from: http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tablehdc.htm#Buick

So in other words, Chris does some excellent work :)

He just ported a set of heads for a local guy up here in Norcal, and he is incredibly pleased with Chris's work!

Thanks Tyler I really appreciate the kind words about my work .

So I have a set of champion irons that were port matched to my intake. What would it cost to get these heads fully ported the way your pictures show??

So I have a set of champion irons that were port matched to my intake. What would it cost to get these heads fully ported the way your pictures show??
Are you asking me ? If so shoot me a message and we can talk about your specific project.

If you have a set of champion ported irons I wouldn't be sending them any where for more port work.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If you have a set of champion ported irons I wouldn't be sending them any where for more port work.

So you don't recommend getting the champion irons fully ported or race ported as mentioned in this post??

So you don't recommend getting the champion irons fully ported or race ported as mentioned in this post??
The champion irons are fully ported and flow more than you'll ever need.

So no I wouldn't send them out. What's to gain a few cfm. Your not at the limit of those heads currently or even close to it so imop you wouldbe wasting money.

Last edited:
The champion irons are fully ported and flow more than you'll ever need.

So no I wouldn't send them out. What's to gain a few cfm. Your not at the limit of those heads currently or even close to it so imop you wouldbe wasting money.

Oh ok sorry I'm kind of new around here and wasn't aware the champion irons came fully ported this way. I appreciate the input. Learn something new everyday.

What Boost231 said.

Champion, the company-Champion Racing Heads, takes a stock Buick iron head, and puts them in their CNC machine and the result is what we know as "Champion Irons" or "Ported Irons".

Now, if someone were to hand-port our stock iron heads and were good at it, they could make the iron heads flow more than what Champion iron heads flow. HOWEVER, the cost to have someone do that amount of porting by hand typically costs so much that the few cfm extra of airflow you would get do not justify the cost. UNLESS you have someone like Chris (dankGN) take a set of stock irons and port them for you, because not only does he cost less than new Champion irons, but he will get you a little better flow out of the heads as well.

Does that help clear things up at all?

The champion heads have already been ported and there isn’t a bunch of material With stock heads . That being said I can freshen them up valve job,guides,Ect. And I’m sure I can squeeze alil more flow out of them and make them that much better . A Hand ported set will always flow more then a cookie cutter set that’s been tossed in a machine and the go button hit .

Last edited:

The heads on your car are they out the box or did you have them gone through and hand finished ?

The heads on your car are they out the box or did you have them gone through and hand finished ?
I don't run champion heads. Nor do I run CNC ported heads

champion intake doesn't flow anywhere near 202 on the intake.
I just flowed a set, not info I found on the internet.

Chris id be interested in flow sheets on your work, each cylinder, not an average.
or better yet, send me a set and I'll flow them on a real bench..

Attachments

• 20171019_100833.jpg
    20171019_100833.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 33
I don't run champion heads. Nor do I run CNC ported heads

Lol so your TA heads are hand ported ? Must have been a waste of money
Never said hand porting is a waste of money. Hand porting is the Only way to go imop. But with his current setup and heads he doesn't need to spend more money getting a few more cfm our of them. He's not even close to the limit on them. Now if he's chasing every .001 out of the car then sure but I know he's not.

Those champion irons will flow enough as is to break that motor of his

Back