WTF car idles like ****!

turbobooster

ok guys just want to say thanx for getting me this far with my car i just did the 87 ecm up grade and it idles like **** real rough to the point where it wants to die but it doesnt this is for the first 10 minutes then it seems to level out i hooked up the scanmaster for my very first time so i need lots of help here are my numbers as i scrolled down (this is engin running in park)
AF 06
L8 33 ?
bat 14.0
int 128
BL 150
mph 00
clt 250 ?
ats 71
r 1075
tps .38
iac 00
cc 200
mal 23, 44
097 ?
these are my numbers can u help thanx

And you have

3 malfunction codes. Thats the mal at the end. Get the chart and go from there .blm to high , coolant temp high. Iac 00, could be alot of things ..

I meant 23 not 24 23 makes sense becuz I just did the ECM upgrade and I don't have a mat sensor my other concern is should iac display some counts number and not just 00 with car idling in park?

Although the numbers don't look good my car idled way better with the 85 ECM before up grading as soon as I upgraded it started acting up before I didn't have anything to see what was going on but now that I do with the scanmaster hooked up I don't know if it's because of the 87 ECM upgrade or what the deal is this sucks ! I will look for leaks

Code 44 is a lean o2.

BL @150 also means your lean and the ecm is adding all the fuel it can. 150 is the end of the line. It can not add any more.

IAC @00 indicates there is a vacuum leak. That would also support BL's being so high.

All three things point toward either a vacuum leak, a pre o2 exhaust leak or a bad o2 sensor.

HTH

what all did you change to go along with the 87 ecm? what chip? did you fiddle with anything under the hood? is the temp sender hooked up and are the wires not frayed or anything like that?

what all did you change to go along with the 87 ecm? what chip? did you fiddle with anything under the hood? is the temp sender hooked up and are the wires not frayed or anything like that?

x2 turboboster what else did you do? Did you get a 5.6 tt chip and use your 84/85 calpak?

All I did was remove the original stock 85 ECM I took out the calpack I opened up the 87 ECM placed the calpack in there I put a stock 87 chip in there plugged it back in I switched out the Maf sensor for a good known working one from an 87 it fired up but just kept dieing So then that's when I hooked up the scanmaster and I knew right away from reading other posts an threads that my numbers weren't good at all besides the car idling really rough Ima go back in the garage and look for vacuum leaks again and exhaust leaks before the o2 would these pre 02 leaks be at the uppipe connections? And the dp to the turbo exhaust housing? Where else? I'm trying to keep my patience here lol and hopes up just want my baby back to normal so I can move on and continue to slowly modify thanx for any tips info advise and suggestions u have

Ok just adjusted my Tps .46 and 4.5 WOT and it fires up and idles alot better so I'm making progress here I watched the iac it started at like 175 and slowly made it's way down to zero as the temp wen up I do here a nice vacuum leak around the throttle body and turbo wastegate area I just can't pin point It another thing is I let the car idle for 10-15 mins and the temp reaches 250:eek: so I shut it off at that point once I shut it off the reservoir coolant container starting bubbling like it was boiling I checked the temp sensor it's plugged in and wires look fine what is causing my temps to rise so high ?

Ok just adjusted my Tps .46 and 4.5 WOT and it fires up and idles alot better so I'm making progress here I watched the iac it started at like 175 and slowly made it's way down to zero as the temp wen up I do here a nice vacuum leak around the throttle body and turbo wastegate area I just can't pin point It another thing is I let the car idle for 10-15 mins and the temp reaches 250:eek: so I shut it off at that point once I shut it off the reservoir coolant container starting bubbling like it was boiling I checked the temp sensor it's plugged in and wires look fine what is causing my temps to rise so high ?

Do you have an electric fan?

no i dont i just bought the dodge dual fans and emailed john at caspers to see what harnesses i need to make them work but no response as of yet

Thanx mark just placed and order for that harness and the 84/85 87 ecm upgrade harness as well hope this cures the high coolant temp problem hopefully I can get this wired up right to work with the 87 ECM upgrade I did speak to John at caspers and he says I should be good to go with these 2 harnesses we shall see stay tuned in the mean while Ill have to try and get some kind of counts on the iac to start from thanx so far for the tips and help will have more to come as I learn this and get my car up to par