ww2 p38 any of you guys know anything about these????

ttaowner

i know 3 companies made these mauser,walther and spreewerks?

i want to know who made this 1 and some other details that you might be able to tell me.

i believe the barrel may not match the gun but that may not be entirely true either though because i was on p38.com and tried reading over there and was getting a headache reading all the diffrences so i gave up.

Attachments

• p38 001.JPG
    p38 001.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
  • p38 003.JPG
    p38 003.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 93
  • p38 002.JPG
    p38 002.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
  • p38 004.JPG
    p38 004.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
  • p38 005.JPG
    p38 005.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
  • p38 007.JPG
    p38 007.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
  • p38 008.JPG
    p38 008.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
  • p38 009.JPG
    p38 009.JPG
    978.8 KB · Views: 96
I think you might as well email me and save some time James.:p

The 258 is the inspectors/acception mark, and the waffenampt is the other in pic #2. in Pic 4 ac is the plant/manufacturer (Carl Walther, Zella-Mehlis, Thuringia), and 43 is the year of production. The 1923g is the serial numbers. Unfortunately the 7468 means the barrel has been replace so it's not a numbers matching gun, sorry. The number on the bottom of the mag is also a serial number.

http://www.radix.net/~bbrown/codes_full.html

I am the german nazi go to guy.

As stated, you have a 1943 "stacked" AC Walther P38 with mis-matched barrel.

It is a very nice looking pistol and doesn't look like an import.

Eagle/359 is the inspector stamp associated with Walther. Not sure what 258 is?? :p

That numbered mag is worth some money. P38's didn't typically have numbered mags unless for police or early production.

The marked mags on gun broker are going from 100-150 with most guys asking 150.

Hey Archie know anything about p08's? Got 1 of those on the way too!

Do you know how to take the P38 apart?
We can can tell what gun your barrel came from..

No clue on how to take the p38 apart. The p08 is quite expensive so it's on the payment plan. It's a real ww2 gun with capture paper holster and 2 mags. Mauser byf code

Matching mags or is it a black widow?

Mags are correct style for the gun but are not matching. I wish it was a black widow that would be my 1st choice but I was amazed to see 1 at all . The local gun shop they just got it in 2 days prior and just put it in the case that day

pros and cons of they very similar gun i got coming. mine is all matching # except the 2 magazines. mine has holster with tool . mine has a capture paper this 1 doesnt and supposedly that adds value to it. it has has a center of a flag cut out that came from the same place the gun did so you can figure out what it is. also came inside some kind of U.S. army bag thats about the size of those 6 pack coolers we now use. the bag had some kind of old art work on it. it was also $400 cheaper than this auction so i feel pretty good about it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=302864590

I don't really know what to say.
Most luger collectors wont buy a mis-matched gun at that price.
Goes to show how valuable those matching mags are, well, and the condition...

I don't really know what to say.
Most luger collectors wont buy a mis-matched gun at that price.
Goes to show how valuable those matching mags are, well, and the condition...

Most of the p08's on gunbroker don't have matching # mags and a lot are $1800 with a single mag no holster or capture paper or anything else. The way I look at it people were using these to fight for their lives keeping a matching # mag probably wasn't top priority.

On the p38 I'm a little sad the barrel doesn't match but it was only $500 and I feel I could get out of it fine if I wanted to.

Well, did you get it yet??

Need another $1650 and it's mine! Summer time is slow in car part land unfortunately. Now the kids are back in school and summer vacations are over things usually get better. My bills are covered for the month so now I can put a dent in the bill the next couple weeks.

Alright, post it when you get it. I want to see it.

Too cheap to get a real P08. Mine have issues..

I did see a nice shooter for $695 is anyone is looking...