You can type here any text you want

xfi files please look

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SloGN

I'm a ASSHOLE.....
hey guys

i'm going crazy as i have a couple of issues that i can't seem to work out.

Issue 1.....I have a dead spot right off idle where it goes really lean then catches itself and runs fine. only does it for split second. worse with A/C on.

Issue 2 After i tried to get the lean spot worked out i now have a issue to where if i mash the throttle all the way to the floor very fast the car will almost choke off from being excessive rich.

It's gotta be something simple.i didn't have this issue on the classic fast B2B. so what am i doing wrong with the xfi?

can i be this dumb to have this issue and not work it out. i'm lost!

I know the exact same condition your describing to the T with my XFI and a stock ecu. Make's you want to scrap the car :rolleyes:.

Although I can't see the file, it sounds like it could be in the TPS vs AE fuel rate of change.

Check your table for AE fuel vs TPS position. Ours is totally different.....

Yours is first.... ours is second......

worth a try....

I'm not saying ours is correct.....but ours doesn't exibit the same symptoms you are seeing.....

HTH

Attachments

• ae fuel vs tps position_slogn.jpg
    ae fuel vs tps position_slogn.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 234
  • ae fuel vs tps position.jpg
    ae fuel vs tps position.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 236
logs

i cant see your file either but i dont think thats the problem

here is my map

untitled.jpg

here is a map from a different car and different tunner.

untitled1-1.jpg

Thanks guys

I'll give this a try.

BTW i had to Zip the Gct file before i could upload it. so for those that want to veiw it need to download it unzip it and the look at it in the xfi software.

ok here is my later file thats currently in the box now. i post the older one.

How do you get the XFI screen shot to post it?

shift... print screen..... then open up MS Paint....... paste..... crop just the window you want... then save as a jpeg..... then post that on the board...

i cant see your file either but i dont think thats the problem

here is my map

untitled.jpg

here is a map from a different car and different tunner.

untitled1-1.jpg

On his setup... at low throttle angles... it is pulling the enrichment by nearly 100%. I suspect that could be contributing to the off idle lean condition.

I think when you combine his AE fuel vs tps rate..... with the AE fuel vs TPS position..... it is one of the main contributors to his condition.... here is those two tables from his GCT file:

Attachments

• ae fuel vs tps rate_slogn.JPG
    ae fuel vs tps rate_slogn.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 198
  • ae fuel vs tps position_slogn.jpg
    ae fuel vs tps position_slogn.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 200
ok guys

i have messed with it some this weekend and have made some progress.

It stills flashes lean on the o2. but the car don't bog down from being extreme lean.

Great! .... you are making some progress.....

You will need to keep tweaking those AE fuel tables until the lean spot is gone. Datalog it if you have to.... to make it easier to see exactly how lean it is going...... The AE vs TPS Rate ..... and AE vs MAP rate would be the main ones that will be the equivalent to a carburator's accelerator pump....... it will give you that extra needed "shot" of fuel when you gas on it to keep it from going lean....

Attachments

• AE Fuel.JPG
    AE Fuel.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 162
Great! .... you are making some progress.....

You will need to keep tweaking those AE fuel tables until the lean spot is gone. Datalog it if you have to.... to make it easier to see exactly how lean it is going...... The AE vs TPS Rate ..... and AE vs MAP rate would be the main ones that will be the equivalent to a carburator's accelerator pump....... it will give you that extra needed "shot" of fuel when you gas on it to keep it from going lean....

I can't edit my post anymore.... it is the AE Fuel vs TPS position is the "accelerator pump" equivalent.....

Back