XFI Race gas C-16 to E85 results

The difference between gasoline and E85 is 32%. So I would start there. Craig would be the one to field this question since I seem to remember him running Methanol with a classic FAST system. Methanol has a fuel energy constant of .439 and E85 is .680.

The difference between gasoline and E85 is 32%. So I would start there. Craig would be the one to field this question since I seem to remember him running Methanol with a classic FAST system. Methanol has a fuel energy constant of .439 and E85 is .680.

If you switch to E85 with no gasoline, then on a classic FAST system I would compensate for that by dividing the injector constant by the reciprocal of the energy constant being discussed here. 1.00 / 0.680 = 1.47. So divide your current injector constant by 1.47 and that should have you close under power.

On methanol, I found that the engine didn't want any larger pulsewidths at idle than it did with C14 (Alpha-N tuneup on that engine). It took some speed and load before it did what I expected, and it took about 2.2 times the volume of fuel at WOT as compared to gas. Which lines right up with the energy constant of 0.439 :D I guess my point is that you will probably have to redo your VE table from one fuel to the next to avoid a rich idle/light cruise situation.

I believe the same will hold true with fuel pump output. If you have a fuel pump rated at 1500 HP on gasoline then on E85 it should be good for 1020 HP. 1500 x 0.680 = 1020 or 1500 / 1.47 = 1020 (as Craig stated above) either way will get you in the ball park.

Does the target a/f ratio from gas to e85 is so richer or leaner, does anybody know of somebody doing this with the t-pro

If you do the math 11.5 A/F will be 7.8 A/F, but you don't have to because the XFI will convert it when you change your Fuel Energy Constant.

injector size

i don't have a Fast but was looking into this fuel for my car but i have a ME-R with wide band correction...what size injectors are you running? thanks Bob

Can you help me? thanks in advance....Bob

Bob
I have no experence with the ME-R , If you can target or read your WBO2 to 7.8:1 and get about 32% more fuel in the motor you can do it. We had 83 # inj. re id to 101# @ 65psi. We are now putting in 160# and are going to re dyno with more boost.

Bob
I have no experence with the ME-R , If you can target or read your WBO2 to 7.8:1 and get about 32% more fuel in the motor you can do it. We had 83 # inj. re id to 101# @ 65psi. We are now putting in 160# and are going to re dyno with more boost.

Thanks.....i know my wb will not go down that far..i would have to figure something out there but i just wanted to know the size injectors at that power level because the me-r will not take out but so much fuel so you have to get close with the injectors especially when using alky like me.maybe i could get the other 32% in by using alky. i would like to try it out.:) .good info on the e85 and thanks again,....................Bob