ATR downpipe
Catback exhaust aerochamber
razor alky kit
Bruce T. PTS Killer/Street tranny trans-brake
PTS 9/11 3000 stall
fast system
65 inj
Cold air intake "big mouth"

Should I sell this transmission before I intall the 6776 turbo and go with a 400? Or will this model transmission hold up

Thanks Steve

Mine is holding up great. I did change converters though as I was blowing through mine when I started making more power.

changed to which convertor? how can you tell if you are blowing throught your convertor thanks

Unlocked, the slippage was higher than I cas comfortable with and the RPM would go higher the more boost I applied to it. Try adjusting the shift points when your RPM goes up with boost. I also didn't want to rely on locking it to get good numbers. Just one more thing to worry about when going down the track. I currently have a Yank converter and the top end is nice and tight but I need higher stall for launch. I'm looking real hard at the PTC units.

I ran a 9/11 for many years. It was great when I first got it around 10 years ago however I was only running high 11's and low 12's back then. It did appeared to get more efficient the higher I revved the engine however with stock heads and stock cam, I was way out of the powerband. They have a new billet version out now which looks pretty sturdy however I cannot confirm how efficient it is. I just wanted to do away with having to lock a converter to get good mph. My ole 9/11 never failed me. I wanted to try something different.

I would think that trans will hold up well with your mods.
400 is not the way to go on a street car. Race only, why not.
But, for a street car... that trans should do all you want it to.

Brian

you have a similar set up to Melissa's GN .. Converter worked fine ..low low 10's @ 132/133 unlocked .. locked 9.94 @ 138+ .. I'd def run it :cool:

we were thrilled to.. She ran a 10.8 @128 the first day out :biggrin: good luck with it !!