Yahoo Messenger - If you participate POST here

I usually chat on yahoo @ night with acouple people ive meet over the years in a car chatroom. Then a guy came in and started booting the room and filling it with bots :rolleyes: so we moved to another room.

I have Yahoo as well but we have 2 availiable chat rooms. 1 here and 1 on t6p if peeps would just show up:cool:

Mirc?

I would like to avoid MIRC and the hackers associated with it. (This isn't an open diss at anyone - PAST or Present so let's not just not go there in the discussion ok?) Yahoo chat rooms isn't an option either IMO.

Sometimes starting something new and fresh is a way to gain participation.
(That is the intent in this instance) PALtalk offers us a level playing field, and a FRESH start.

After we figure out if there will be enough participation we can determine moderators, and some fair rules for others to abide by. Booting for FUN isn't happening. Abusing newbies isn't happening either.

We will require a Room Name too! Suggestions encouraged.

I would like to avoid MIRC and the hackers associated with it. (This isn't an open diss at anyone - PAST or Present so let's not just not go there in the discussion ok?) Yahoo chat rooms isn't an option either IMO.

Sometimes starting something new and fresh is a way to gain participation.
(That is the intent in this instance) PALtalk offers us a level playing field, and a FRESH start.

After we figure out if there will be enough participation we can determine moderators, and some fair rules for others to abide by. Booting for FUN isn't happening. Abusing newbies isn't happening either.

We will require a Room Name too! Suggestions encouraged.

I dont know all the "language" such as Mirc etc. I think the one here is Mirc or iirc or something like that but the one on t6p has always been secure and safe, nobody ever showed up:eek:

Go for it, if you get something figured out I will give it a whirl.

Awesome... we now have participation...

Let's hear it from the others...

Throw your ideas out... (No idea is a bad idea) and share your Yahoo E-mail addy. I'll build a list.

I will keep Yahoo Messenger open... I am swapping out a clutch in the '92 LX Mustang today. The goal is to get the transmission out and into the garage where it can't grow legs and walk away. :) It will be a three day effort atleast considering my wrench twisting willingness and the sun soaking rays beating down on me.

Let's get some input...

This is your chance to throw out suggestions on something we can all participate on... I also see no reason why the moderators of the room cannot have that same status in the chat room.

PALtalk allows this capability.

(Throw out ideas and suggestions)

An option...

h t t p : //chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1340390382 <---Posting board/webpage to the chat room

Turbo Buick Spin Boost and Bull (The chat room name can be changed if that is the desire of the group... sounds sorta catchy doesn't it?)

Go to h t t p : //w w w.PALtalk.com
Create a screen name and password
To find the room enter PalTalkScene after signng in with screen name/password - Click in the upper right hand corner "All Rooms"; and then "Miscellaneous"; and then select "OTHER" where you will see a detailed list where the room will be listed.

@ code access is 1955

AFASTBuick is my screen name. Add me to your PALtalk List. The room can be opened as a moderator via ACTIONS, "Join a Chat room as Admin" and inserting the @ Code

Access code and moderator status can be changed later. It is not a huge concern at this moment in my view. It can be a discussion topic in the future.