Z06 MAF and Translator Plus v6.21 question?

motrhed87

My question is simply can I upgrade to the 4" Z06 MAF sensor and still use my Transaltor Plus v6.21? Was wondering if version 6.25 is required to run this MAF. I know I need the 3-5 wire adapter as well. I currently am running a 3" Impala sensor and 3" MAF-turbo pipe. Looking to go to 4" to help the LT70 spool a little quicker. Thanks in advance for the help.

motrhed87 said:
My question is simply can I upgrade to the 4" Z06 MAF sensor and still use my Transaltor Plus v6.21? Was wondering if version 6.25 is required to run this MAF. I know I need the 3-5 wire adapter as well. I currently am running a 3" Impala sensor and 3" MAF-turbo pipe. Looking to go to 4" to help the LT70 spool a little quicker. Thanks in advance for the help.

Yeah you just have to open the translator and switch the dials according to what size MAF you have.

I've been really watching my wideband in daily driving and once up to temp at idle, the AFR goes to 16-18 sometimes in the drive-thru or idling back into the garage. Runs fine at that ratio, just something I notice with the 4 inch LS7 and translator setup. Throttle response is instantaneous compared to a 3 inch setup.

Full Throttle told me I would need to run v6.25 with the Z06 MAF so they are sending me the updated chip for $30. Not a bad deal.

The ZO6 85mm MAF is a great running MAF. Very smooth.

The stick type MAF is horrible though. Avoid it like the plague...

The ZO6 sensor is the "stick" type sensor. The 85MM sensor is not 4" it is really 3.5" It is also a truck sensor that is used on the base Corvette without the screen, we recommend the truck version with screen. If you called and asked for a 4" ZO6 someone here would have thought you have a 4" pipe with stick sensor, that is what you asked for. The 85MM will run fine with 6.21, 6.25 is only needed for the stick sensor. If you wish to send it back we will refund it. It will work fine if you chose to use it there may be some small benefit but not enough to even talk about with that 85 sensor.

The ZO6 sensor is the "stick" type sensor. The 85MM sensor is not 4" it is really 3.5" It is also a truck sensor that is used on the base Corvette without the screen, we recommend the truck version with screen. If you called and asked for a 4" ZO6 someone here would have thought you have a 4" pipe with stick sensor, that is what you asked for. The 85MM will run fine with 6.21, 6.25 is only needed for the stick sensor. If you wish to send it back we will refund it. It will work fine if you chose to use it there may be some small benefit but not enough to even talk about with that 85 sensor.

I bought the Delphi AF10043 MAF which I believe is the truck version. I will be running this with all 4" plumbing as my turbo has a 4" inlet.

truck version has the screen, corvette version does not, either works fine, truck idles better

Installed the new MAF, v6.25 Translator chip, and new 4" plumbing from TR Custom Parts today. Car idles and drives great.