4.1 stock block build

Well call me crazy but I took the top half off, I got a bug to try out the new Morel short travel lifter and some brand new PAC springs that they released. Why I chose to do that 1 week before we leave for BG is beyond me but I is done the car will be running aging today (tore it down Wed) and we will see what happens. This car was always sort destined to be sort of a mule for parts testing but this is crazy. o_O

Mike, what's your thoughts on a solid roller? With the M&A's I'm installing on mine, I was curious if solid roller is the way to go since they have fully adjustable rocker arms.

I love them, that is what is next for mine. Now that we have a spring that is easy to install it makes even more sense. I have drop in solid roller lifters now too. :D

It is back together and running better than eve we also added a TR6 ignition with the coil on top I have never had a car pull this well at 17PSI, this is getting fun. The TR6 is now a must have item for a serious car

It is back together and running better than eve we also added a TR6 ignition with the coil on top I have never had a car pull this well at 17PSI, this is getting fun. The TR6 is now a must have item for a serious car

X2 on the TR6.

The car ran good as is, very good in fact but it always felt a little funny up top up over 6000rpm. Not bad just funny I figured the short travel lifter and springs would help that since the cam is so aggressive. Although the car revved a bit better and seems a touch faster it still felt the same up top. Once again not bad just not perfect. TR6 fixed all that and the car is noticeably faster. I am a believer!

The car ran good as is, very good in fact but it always felt a little funny up top up over 6000rpm. Not bad just funny I figured the short travel lifter and springs would help that since the cam is so aggressive. Although the car revved a bit better and seems a touch faster it still felt the same up top. Once again not bad just not perfect. TR6 fixed all that and the car is noticeably faster. I am a believer!
Are different length spark plug wires required for the TR6 or will stock length wires work with the TR6?

Are different length spark plug wires required for the TR6 or will stock length wires work with the TR6?

Stock length would be very close if not perfect with the coil on top of the module. The terminals at the coil are different though so you'd need new wires unless you had enough length to cut and fashion the new style boots.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Any quarter mile runs yet?

Here is Mike's post from facebook:

"I had or set at 17 psi first run ever on this car, left at zero boost , spun hard 50 ft out, let off shifted into second and got back on drove it out,
hifted into 3 rd at 6300 went 11.39 at, wait for it, 125.7 mph so for 17 psi and no tires I could not be happier that mph is huge.
I am going to try to get so slicks and turn it up tomorrow"

I don't know what Mikes car weights but just as a rough guesstimate if his car with him is 3500# that would be around 543 at the flexplate. Not bad for a shakedown run.

Who cares about speculated horsepower. 10 sec potential on a pump gas tune, bad ass!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app