Walbro Fuel Pump Update

Sorry you did not like the response, here is the brutal facts. Walbro does not offer ANY warranty on pumps. They are stepping up and taking care of them and they did it without hesitation when I brought this to their attention with the help of some members here. You were told that the pump would be exchanged I see you failed to mention that part. I have sold these pumps for over 15 years and they have been GREAT. look how many folks use them. Now they have a problem that they are WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF and now they get bashed like they are the worst company in the world. They are not going to fix this on your terms they are going to do it on theirs. You think Walbro wants to jump back and make the new pump that will work like a double pumper after the things that have been said? It is no wonder that most aftermarket companies want nothing to do with Turbo Buicks. I got involved with this problem and got soemthing done, now people bash me, send me crappy emails, complain about stuff they bought 3 years ago that still works fine. It would have been better to do what all the other guys did that sell Walbro, NOTHING and that is what you would be getting.
I know this sucks, it suck for me too, but let them at least let them fix it.
Mike

May I re-visit this?

I inquired about getting a store credit for the brand new un-opened pump that is in my trunk because I currrently have a defective pump in my tank now. I explained that I was not comfortable using the new pump purchased from you in fear that it could go bad at any moment. I believe that you said that you would do NOTHING for me. I just want to make sure I understand correctly what I THOUGHT I heard that day on the phone. I may be completely mistaken and I would like to clarify if possible.

Additionally, what is the status of the replacement pumps if we may inquire? I am sort of curious myself and I am sure others are as well to figure out when we can expext to get a replacement pump.

Thanks,
Mike

what is the status of the replacement pumps if we may inquire? I am sort of curious myself and I am sure others are as well to figure out when we can expext to get a replacement pump.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike (beamer) this has been said several times before and I will say it again " The Walbro 340m pumps ARE FINE!" I have one in my car and I just got one for a customer.

People say "Yeah time will tell with those too!" Yep they are right, But how long of a testing time with them "IN A CAR" do you guy's want to see to be comfortable choosing the walbro pump again?

3mo?,6mo?, 1yr?, 2yrs? Just so you know once the problem is fixed the pumps will more than likely have to be bench tested, Then they have to be field tested on cars and this may take some time!! cause i'm sure Mike @ FTS doesn't want this to happen again.. If I was him I would run it in a car or two for a solid year to make sure they keep working...

Also why do people keep asking for status up-dates on the other's when the 340m WORKS? :confused: This is a perfect pump to hold you over untill the others have been fully tested and are back on the shelves....

Also why do people keep asking for status up-dates on the other's when the 340m WORKS? :confused: This is a perfect pump to hold you over untill the others have been fully tested and are back on the shelves....

OK Scot,,,let me take a stab at it---myopic,,,blinders on,,,tunnel-vision,,,pursuing ones own pers'l agenda,,,inability to assimilate information/ resolve problem w/o recipe provided,,,failure to comprehend what many of us have already stated regarding the GSS340M...

This seems akin to trying to "push a rope"...

Mike (beamer) this has been said several times before and I will say it again " The Walbro 340m pumps ARE FINE!" I have one in my car and I just got one for a customer.

People say "Yeah time will tell with those too!" Yep they are right, But how long of a testing time with them "IN A CAR" do you guy's want to see to be comfortable choosing the walbro pump again?

3mo?,6mo?, 1yr?, 2yrs? Just so you know once the problem is fixed the pumps will more than likely have to be bench tested, Then they have to be field tested on cars and this may take some time!! cause i'm sure Mike @ FTS doesn't want this to happen again.. If I was him I would run it in a car or two for a solid year to make sure they keep working...

Scott,

I have a F.....169 broke dead pump in my car right now. I have another in my trunk, brand new in the box, only opened at Reynolds to determine that it was the defective style pumps and would not put it in my car in fear of it having a problem - maybe even right away. I was looking into the 340M pump as a unit to buy for use until this gets settled, but that would put me at 3 pumps, and only a second as a spare would be needed.

Now I called and talked to Mike a week after Reynolds, letting him know my situation. Being that the new pump in my trunk, was purchased from FTS, I asked Mike for a store credit for the pump with a return of it because I did not feel comfortable putting it in my car. Mike FLAT OUT TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD DO NOTHING FOR ME, because Walbro would not do anything for him.

Now if he is working SOOOOO closely with Walbro and is the stand up guy, I thought there would have been a better answer than what I heard. So, I am curious of what the status is on these pumps. When I speak up and stated that I was disappointed in the response that I was given, Mr. Mike chimes in and states that I forgot to mention that he said that it would be replaced. I do not remember that, so what I am attempting to find out now is if they (both the defective and the new unit purchased from him that is untrustful)will get replaced or not. An answer would suffice me just fine for now.

This sort of brings into place a rant and rave about why would anyone want to deal with turbo Buicks with the way we moan and groan about parts. All I see here is people that are looking for a quality product for their hard earned money. Not something to take chances on by blowing head gaskets to see if it ends up a defective unit or not.

It is a simple request of what we can expect in the future. Not that I need something done at this minute, just an idea of what to expect. Do I need to get rid of some old paperweights?

Mike

OK Scot,,,let me take a stab at it---myopic,,,blinders on,,,tunnel-vision,,,pursuing ones own pers'l agenda,,,inability to assimilate information/ resolve problem w/o recipe provided,,,failure to comprehend what many of us have already stated regarding the GSS340M...

Or the fact that walbro is going to replace the 169 pumps, so as soon as we get word, people will start sending them back? I sent in two pumps to Mike to have walbro look at when the problem initially came to light, so an update interest me greatly. I would like to know when I will be recieving the two new pumps. I understand that people don't want to spend twice if they don't have to.

HUH? :confused:

Scott,

I have a F.....169 broke dead pump in my car right now. I have another in my trunk, brand new in the box, only opened at Reynolds to determine that it was the defective style pumps and would not put it in my car in fear of it having a problem - maybe even right away. I was looking into the 340M pump as a unit to buy for use until this gets settled, but that would put me at 3 pumps, and only a second as a spare would be needed.

Now I called and talked to Mike a week after Reynolds, letting him know my situation. Being that the new pump in my trunk, was purchased from FTS, I asked Mike for a store credit for the pump with a return of it because I did not feel comfortable putting it in my car. Mike FLAT OUT TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD DO NOTHING FOR ME, because Walbro would not do anything for him.

Now if he is working SOOOOO closely with Walbro and is the stand up guy, I thought there would have been a better answer than what I heard. So, I am curious of what the status is on these pumps. When I speak up and stated that I was disappointed in the response that I was given, Mr. Mike chimes in and states that I forgot to mention that he said that it would be replaced. I do not remember that, so what I am attempting to find out now is if they (both the defective and the new unit purchased from him that is untrustful)will get replaced or not. An answer would suffice me just fine for now.

This sort of brings into place a rant and rave about why would anyone want to deal with turbo Buicks with the way we moan and groan about parts. All I see here is people that are looking for a quality product for their hard earned money. Not something to take chances on by blowing head gaskets to see if it ends up a defective unit or not.

It is a simple request of what we can expect in the future. Not that I need something done at this minute, just an idea of what to expect. Do I need to get rid of some old paperweights?

Mike
Hey I understand your situation is with the .....169 walbro pumps, BUT this is about the Walbro GSS340m pumps working just fine!

RACETRONIX has been asked if they have had any problems with them, Ask them again if you don't feel comfortable. I just simply asked what would be the acceptable test time period for pumps and this is the responce that I recived? :rolleyes:

If your not comfortable with the GSS340m then that's your decision and you can either wait for them to come out with it repaired, Buy the all wonderfull Supra pump, It don't bother me a bit what you do, I'm just trying to help by giving information on a pump that works! PERIOD!

After a 1 year old fxx169 failed, I bought a gss340m from racetronix and it's still going strong. I checked the flow last week and is pumping like it should.

After a 1 year old fxx169 failed, I bought a gss340m from racetronix and it's still going strong. I checked the flow last week and is pumping like it should.

Good story--but very incomplete! And just HOW LONG has this pump been going strong,,,weeks?--months?--years?? Daily driver? or garage queen?

As Paul Harvey would say,,,"and now, for the rest of the story...". Please fill in the blanks for us...

Hey I understand your situation is with the .....169 walbro pumps, BUT this is about the Walbro GSS340m pumps working just fine!

RACETRONIX has been asked if they have had any problems with them, Ask them again if you don't feel comfortable. I just simply asked what would be the acceptable test time period for pumps and this is the responce that I recived? :rolleyes:

If your not comfortable with the GSS340m then that's your decision and you can either wait for them to come out with it repaired, Buy the all wonderfull Supra pump, It don't bother me a bit what you do, I'm just trying to help by giving information on a pump that works! PERIOD!

Let's keep this topic on the 169 pumps. I want to know a status on the replacement pumps, and additionally...

What was Mike referring to when he said that I would get a replacement pump? I am looking for him to stand up and explain what he meant by his comment in this thread.

Is the result that one day in the future, I will get 2 pumps to replace the currently defective pump in my tank and the another to replace the NEW unit that I purchased from him that is a gamble to install, OR

Will I just get 1 pump replaced for the defective pump, and the new pump is mine to do with unless I prove it is bad, OR

Are we all out on a limb hanging on to a dream?

Mike

Let's keep this topic on the 169 pumps. I want to know a status on the replacement pumps, and additionally...

What was Mike referring to when he said that I would get a replacement pump? I am looking for him to stand up and explain what he meant by his comment in this thread.

Is the result that one day in the future, I will get 2 pumps to replace the currently defective pump in my tank and the another to replace the NEW unit that I purchased from him that is a gamble to install, OR

Will I just get 1 pump replaced for the defective pump, and the new pump is mine to do with unless I prove it is bad, OR

Are we all out on a limb hanging on to a dream?

Mike

Ok, this was Mike Licht's thread to start with--which he volunteered info--regarding the F'in...169 Walbro/ problems. It seems high-time to stop the whining & conjectures & let Mike finish this thread/"Walbro plans" by telling us what to do, when & procedure to do such...

Others on this board cannot logically tell anyone if or when or how or why-for these pumps will be replaced (by Walbro, remember,,,Mike WILL NOT be doing it personally or via responsiblilty of FTS) & timing of same...:confused:

I believe that the next post here should be from Mike @ FTS (unless the post supports the anti-whining movement)...

Many of us have moved-on for our TB fuel supply issues...:cool:

I should have some info the first part of next week, (which by the way does not mean 9 AM Monday)

Mike

Ok, this was Mike Licht's thread to start with--which he volunteered info--regarding the F'in...169 Walbro/ problems. It seems high-time to stop the whining & conjectures & let Mike finish this thread/"Walbro plans" by telling us what to do, when & procedure to do such...

Others on this board cannot logically tell anyone if or when or how or why-for these pumps will be replaced (by Walbro, remember,,,Mike WILL NOT be doing it personally or via responsiblilty of FTS) & timing of same...:confused:

I believe that the next post here should be from Mike @ FTS (unless the post supports the anti-whining movement)...

Many of us have moved-on for our TB fuel supply issues...:cool:

You know, I deleted what I first stated here to not be in attack mode...

Here is the deal, I have moved on with a Denso pump. You are right that Mike started this thread. You and others are right that it was great that Mike has started communications with Walbro about this problem. You are right that I am whining a bit. But ask yourself why I am whining. Let me tell you...

I purchased a product from Mike that is now determined to be unsafe to use. I contacted Mike, thanked him personally for his efforts in this matter, explained to him my situation and asked for a store credit for the unused pump that was purchased from him. He then began to rant and rave to me about why would any vendor want to deal with the PITA Buick turbo people with the way that we act when a product fails or has problems. Now can someone please explain to me why we (the Buick turbo community) would not be somewhat upset and/or disappointed about these pumps failing and blowing head gaskets? I was not speaking loudly or complaining to Mike about my new unusable pump, but asking the vendor that I purchased it from to give me a store credit for it returned, because there was not another pump that they could replace it with. I was not asking for a refund - just store credit.

Now let me tell you what pisses me off... That he comes on here and says that I forgot to mention that he said it would be replaced. Let me tell you right now that is an outright lie !!! He told me that Walbro was going to do nothing for him and he could not do anything for me. I have tried to get an answer about what he was referring to on his response, but he will not answer.

Whiny Mike

Dude!!! Shoosh... To keep stirring your pot, did you think maybe part of it was your approach. Just reading how you have written here would put me off.
I also have had a few fail. Not Mike's fault or any other vendor. I bought the damn thing knowing there wasn't much in way of a warranty and it was a performance part.
I am grateful to think that there is a chance I could get a replacement, but I won't hold my breath.

Multiple times now comments from Mike's mouth on here and him replying to a PAYING CUSTOMER is that when parts are flawed, we state the FACTS and warn others, we are complainers and manufactures should not continue making crap ass parts for us??? WTF!!!!
And you're supposed to be on our side??:confused: :rolleyes:

Mike, it's clear YOU believe we are HYSTERICAL and COMPLAINERS, you've said it yourself multiple times.

Ok well, I've spent over $3k with you easily, those days are done. If you vendors can have a list of customers you won't sell parts too, then we can play that game too. I'm not going to support a vendor who'd rather stick up for a local company who'd hide design flawed pumps, damaging GN customers cars and then kick those same customers who help him survive while their down by saying they're complaining and are hysterical about FACTS!!!

Only one vendor stepped up and helped us on our fuel pump problems, Racetronix. Plug and play Denso so we can move on and stop this cycle of madness.

Dude!!! Shoosh... To keep stirring your pot, did you think maybe part of it was your approach. Just reading how you have written here would put me off.
I also have had a few fail. Not Mike's fault or any other vendor. I bought the damn thing knowing there wasn't much in way of a warranty and it was a performance part.
I am grateful to think that there is a chance I could get a replacement, but I won't hold my breath.

Olds,

You are way off on this. My approach to him began with a grateful thanks for stepping in to get things started first off, not an angry person at all. Now, once Mike showed an absolute disrespect for his customer base by bashing us about being complainers and all, then I began to gain an attitude. Then when he wants to state false remarks here on the board and never reply to them, that furiates me. Next, I know these are performance parts, and my request was not even concerning the defective pump in my tank, but for the new pump purchased from Mike. I asked for a f&c^ing store credit very politely, expecting to receive a reply that he understands my hesitation to use a pump that has been causing head gaskets to blow quite often. What did I hear from him? Oh, not all of them are bad. I guess he expects us to play roulette and then if it is bad, we ask then for something to be done. Come on, that is in no way to treat the people that keep you in business. I feel pretty confident that he will be returning any of the pumps on the shelf to walbro for replacement and/or refund, and he could include mine and any others out there with unused pumps that are also afraid to use them at any time in the future. A customer service based company would take them back any day. But again, he has my money already, huh...

You know, I deleted what I first stated here to not be in attack mode...

Here is the deal, I have moved on with a Denso pump. You are right that Mike started this thread. You and others are right that it was great that Mike has started communications with Walbro about this problem. You are right that I am whining a bit. But ask yourself why I am whining. Let me tell you...

I purchased a product from Mike that is now determined to be unsafe to use. I contacted Mike, thanked him personally for his efforts in this matter, explained to him my situation and asked for a store credit for the unused pump that was purchased from him. He then began to rant and rave to me about why would any vendor want to deal with the PITA Buick turbo people with the way that we act when a product fails or has problems. Now can someone please explain to me why we (the Buick turbo community) would not be somewhat upset and/or disappointed about these pumps failing and blowing head gaskets? I was not speaking loudly or complaining to Mike about my new unusable pump, but asking the vendor that I purchased it from to give me a store credit for it returned, because there was not another pump that they could replace it with. I was not asking for a refund - just store credit.

Now let me tell you what pisses me off... That he comes on here and says that I forgot to mention that he said it would be replaced. Let me tell you right now that is an outright lie !!! He told me that Walbro was going to do nothing for him and he could not do anything for me. I have tried to get an answer about what he was referring to on his response, but he will not answer.

Whiny Mike

You know Mike, most of us received your 1st reply (via E-mail)--in your "attack mode" (pre-edited)... Most "1st responses" more accurately reflect "true intent"...:eek:

This approach is similar to someone issuing an "insulting comment", and when the receiver's response is seen, the commenter says "just kidding"--thereby trying to erase it...:rolleyes:

It is a long-proven concept that "you catch more flies with honey than you do with sh!t"...:D

Self-appointed Leader of Anti-Whining/Anti-Bashing Movement--Monte

Here is the deal, I have moved on with a Denso pump. You are right that Mike started this thread. You and others are right that it was great that Mike has started communications with Walbro about this problem. You are right that I am whining.
This is true!

I purchased a product from Mike that is now determined to be unsafe to use.
Possibly unsafe, Not for sure!!

He then began to rant and rave to me about why would any vendor want to deal with the PITA Buick turbo people with the way that we act when a product fails or has problems. Now can someone please explain to me why we (the Buick turbo community) would not be somewhat upset and/or disappointed about these pumps failing and blowing head gaskets?
Sure, I would be delighted to answer that! First of all KNOWONE is perfect! With that said- Companys, fire dept's, restraunts, new cars, ect fail sometimes!!! People nowadays think that EVERYTHING is just supposed to be PERFECT and thats that! That is BS, rediculous, ignorant and childish behavior! Stuff happens from time to time and when someone steps up to help solve the problem some still like to whine and carry on like children about stupid sh*t or beat a man, Company or Establishment while they are down.... :rolleyes:

I was not speaking loudly or complaining to Mike about my new unusable pump, but asking the vendor that I purchased it from to give me a store credit for it returned, because there was not another pump that they could replace it with. I was not asking for a refund - just store credit.
Well isn't store credit just like a refund? I thought so..

Whiny Mike
Well let me ask you this- When was the pump purchased?

Also I can see from reading all your posts that -
1) The pump was NEVER installed so, Who knows IF it's bad or not? Which is Probably the reason why mike mentioned that he nor Walbro couldn't help you at this time BECAUSE the pump isn't KNOWN as bad Pump! AND maybe Walbro will replace it when the new pumps are completed and hit the market. And also, A replacement of your (still new in the box pump) maybe possible after they are done figuring out the time frame of the bad pumps.

One things for sure and two things for certian- "If you keep on teasing the dog you will end up bit"! ;)

Good luck Whiny Mike! :smile: