You can type here any text you want

10.0 109 build

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
What do you guys think of these bearings? The pictures are of the rod side of the bearing in order from 1 to 6.

IMG_7053.jpg

IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7055.jpg

IMG_7056.jpg

IMG_7058.jpg

IMG_7059.jpg

Side shot of the piston. The crack went down to the wrist pin, but the pistons stayed intact when pulled from the motor.

IMG_7052.jpg

Some of the rod journals on the crank had scoring on it, not sure what it will take to make the journal smooth again.

IMG_7040.jpg

What do you guys think of these bearings? The pictures are of the rod side of the bearing in order from 1 to 6.

IMG_7053.jpg

IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7055.jpg

IMG_7056.jpg

IMG_7058.jpg

IMG_7059.jpg

Side shot of the piston. The crack went down to the wrist pin, but the pistons stayed intact when pulled from the motor.

IMG_7052.jpg

Some of the rod journals on the crank had scoring on it, not sure what it will take to make the journal smooth again.

IMG_7040.jpg

I think there was some detonation. I wouldnt reuse those rods.

Well my buddy Al, Slamming 6 on here, really helped me out. I got a .020" over block with two center steal mains, ARP main studs and some lightly used Diamond pistons for real cheap from him. The money I had left over I bought K-1 Rods, Cat forged crank, internal balanced flexplate, new rings and bearings. Thanks to Marianne @ FullThrottle for getting me everything at a good price and on time.

Hopefully this combo will take me into the 9's with my home ported irons and a roller cam.

IMG_7190.jpg

IMG_7191.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

DO NOT put a girdle on a daily driver. You will either break the oil pan studs or have a leak that WILL drive you nuts!

I believe in girdles for race cars, but I haven't seen a street driven TR yet that didn't leak oil with a girdle after a few miles. When my engine comes out, I'm doing steel mains only. 10.90's are my fastest goal though and fankly, I'm fine in the 11's, so this should hold up. But I can't have my baby leaking oil given that I drive it 10k + miles per year.

I believe in girdles for race cars, but I haven't seen a street driven TR yet that didn't leak oil with a girdle after a few miles. When my engine comes out, I'm doing steel mains only. 10.90's are my fastest goal though and fankly, I'm fine in the 11's, so this should hold up. But I can't have my baby leaking oil given that I drive it 10k + miles per year.

we DRIVE our car a lot.. DD in the summer and beat on hard. Girdle is dry as a bone!! over 20k on one eng and 8k on another. Valve cover gaskets have been a little problem.:eek::rolleyes:

Al's girdle on his GN doesn't leak either...

DO NOT put a girdle on a daily driver. You will either break the oil pan studs or have a leak that WILL drive you nuts!

My girdle leaks oil and I have tried several fixes but no results. Haha i was once told that if it dosent leak its not a Buick! :biggrin: In the end it dosent really bother me thatmuch cause the leak is so minimal.

Valve cover gaskets have been a little problem.:eek::rolleyes:

Fel-Pro perma dry plus valve cover gaskets are well worth the money. Reusable molded rubber with steel core and anti-overtorquers built in. Just gotta trim the inner corners in some cases.

Back