11.20's -11.30's is this my limit w/ this combo

jetmech

Ive gone as fast as 11.23 but sunday i made 11 passes on sunoco 110 and my best was 11.34 . Running 25* timing 4 % rich. Ran 6% but car slowed down on mph. 2 percent was tickling kr. Im running 26 lbs of boost. Does this sound like the limit of my combo. engine has 128k on bottom end, it has stock size valves but fully ported heads by knperformane w/ his intake and doghouse. Should i take the tuning in a different direction next time ie. lower my boost a few pounds and go up anouther 2 degrees of timing. My 60's are a best of 1.46 -1.53. Thanks. Also i thing im in the 3500-3600lb range w/ me in it.

Ive gone as fast as 11.23 but sunday i made 11 passes on sunoco 110 and my best was 11.34 . Running 25* timing 4 % rich. Ran 6% but car slowed down on mph. 2 percent was tickling kr. Im running 26 lbs of boost. Does this sound like the limit of my combo. engine has 128k on bottom end, it has stock size valves but fully ported heads by knperformane w/ his intake and doghouse. Should i take the tuning in a different direction next time ie. lower my boost a few pounds and go up anouther 2 degrees of timing. My 60's are a best of 1.46 -1.53. Thanks. Also i thing im in the 3500-3600lb range w/ me in it.

Your sig says Dutweiller neck IC is this a STOCK IC with just a Dut neck?

Yes stock intercooler, and i tried higher boost but i kept turning the rod shorter and the boost stayed at 26. I think i need to stretch the rjc spring.

Yes stock intercooler, and i tried higher boost but i kept turning the rod shorter and the boost stayed at 26. I think i need to stretch the rjc spring.

WOW I'm surprised you're going as fast as you are with the stock IC, Id guess
with better IC you'd pick up a BUNCH!

I was hoping to squeeze a little more out of it w/ that intercooler but it may need an upgrade. Lets see what others have to say.

Your intercooler is hurting you more than you think. Go to a really tall tire. I just went 11.30's@122mph with one of my car and an old 61 turbo with a .63 Garrett. I have heads i ported with stock valves. It was 91* and boost was 26-27psi. 60's were 1.80's. only had 2 passes before i got booted. Spun first time. Second time launched off vaccum. With good air and a 1.50 it should go 10.8.

Thanks for the advice, I guess its time for a better intercooler. If not this year there will be one on there next year.

I would venture to say that with nothing more than a better
IC you should be knocking on the door to, if not IN the 10s

Our track is pretty linient(spelling) on the cage. But yes a 8 pt. is in the works too. Thanks .

I thought we decided that boost is better than timing.

I don"t think that is always true with the smaller turbos, granted a 61 is not really small but I know the stock, 44, 49s respond real well to a lot of timing especially the stock turbo. Ask Bison he is smart :p

Nice 60' times.

I don't see alky on your list of mods in your sig..... alky will likely help on the intercooler.... by lowering inlet temps a pile....... therefore allowing you to run more boost........might squeeze a 10 out with a few more psi.....

The dutt neck intercooler is a restriction.... I agree with others..... but alky can help you stretch it a little further..... and makes for some major fun on the street......

Nice 60' times.

I don't see alky on your list of mods in your sig..... alky will likely help on the intercooler.... by lowering inlet temps a pile....... therefore allowing you to run more boost........might squeeze a 10 out with a few more psi.....

The dutt neck intercooler is a restriction.... I agree with others..... but alky can help you stretch it a little further..... and makes for some major fun on the street......

Agreed +1 on Alky

I went the E-85 route with my White ( stock turbo, IC ) car and I got a lot more out of it because the E-85 cools the charge.

obviously at your discresion,but i think you should raise the boost before timing that 61 cant be out of breath at 26lbs.

Im going thru the traps at 5375, i shift at 6000 give or take a 100 rpm. My rpm drops about 1000 on shifts.

IMO A good stretch IC with alky is unbeatable. My car ran a best of 11.90 last season at 23 psi with a 1.60 60ft *dutt Stocker*...I swapped in a 23 row stretch intercooler and at lower boost level with a worse 1.70 60ft it ran 11.67...so I would say the intercooler helped....:cool:

Ok i went racing today. 85 degrees and pretty humid. New mods this year is the BA front mount and fiberglass front bumper. Last year i could only get 26-27 pounds of boost thru the duttneck I/C. Today i was only able to get about 22 pounds of boost and a disapointing 11.70 at 114. The day i hit 11.20 it was low 60's and DA was around 100 ft so it was very good air. I think its time to stretch the spring on the RJC boost controller to get more boost. Or if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks