11.43 hot air

LOT

Good friend of mine (John Bruce) posted back to back 11.43 @ 116 MPH Saturday nite @ local track. 85 GN Hot air with alky, 206-206 roller cam and 275/60/15 drag radials. TT alky chip with a N/L convertor. Not sure on what turbo he has. I will ask him.

Very cool! Seems us hotairs are getting faster and faster.

I've been lacks on replacing my stock cam, I figure it's getting to be about that time.

Good friend of mine (John Bruce) posted back to back 11.43 @ 116 MPH Saturday nite @ local track. 85 GN Hot air with alky, 206-206 roller cam and 275/60/15 drag radials. TT alky chip with a N/L convertor. Not sure on what turbo he has. I will ask him.

You started this crazy HA craze. :cool:
Who would have thought years ago that a HA could run much faster than low 12's.. . . Thanks for the vision.

Very cool! Seems us hotairs are getting faster and faster. . . . . .
Sure seems that way.

well tell him congrats for us.

Maybe one day we will see a 9 sec pass. :eek:

Congradulations John !..........you earned it !...........not bad for an old white guy ! ;)

Congradulations John !..........you earned it !...........not bad for an old white guy ! ;)

HUMM, I think your Dad had ALOT to do with all the HOT AIR success's:D
I think he is one of the better tuner in the game......

New blood does a great deal on how to make the cars work better. My bud dr_frakenstein (Aj) is turning 11's in a carb turbo system right now and is hoping to break into the 10's soon. The more we rethink how to make the systems work the faster they get.

let's be clear on this

New blood does a great deal on how to make the cars work better. My bud dr_frakenstein (Aj) is turning 11's in a carb turbo system right now and is hoping to break into the 10's soon. The more we rethink how to make the systems work the faster they get.

Other than suggesting and installing 2 EXTRA alky nozzles in the intake, I have nothing to do with tuning John's car. And John is not a rookie, he's been doing this longer than some have been alive.

John Bruce

HUMM, I think your Dad had ALOT to do with all the HOT AIR success's:D
I think he is one of the better tuner in the game......

Other than suggesting and installing 2 EXTRA alky nozzles in the intake, I have nothing to do with tuning John's car. And John is not a rookie, he's been doing this longer than some have been alive.

No....lets be even clearer!!!! Not to underscore Lee Thompsons accomplishments but from my understanding from talking to Lee himself, after seeing John Bruce's aftermarket headers years ago he got the idea to make his own. So as you can see John and Lee both deserve their props for the accomplishments and contributions to the hot air world it's just that I have never seen John Bruce personally appear on this board. So while many of you may not know his history John has been there all along even before or around the same time as Lee. And has stayed hot air. Nothing new just an old guy that loves his hot air.

Cool, I feel even luckier than before to have a complete Lee Thompson setup (headers, X-over, up and down pipes).

Just like Lee said, John is in his original owner HotAir GN every week trying to improve his times. I think his turbo is a 63 in a HotAir housing and he's doing this with 42# injectors.

Actually John is running a 61 turbo and a 208/208 FT GS club cam. John is a true amazement as he is always tuning and runs every pass to attain a better ET, even if he is bracket racing he yearns for a faster time and MPH.

I have to give a big THANKS to John and Lee for helping me lately. They are both very knowledgable about these cars and are also 2 of the nicest gentlemen you could hope to meet.

Me of little mind

John has a 210-212 flat tappet cam--not a roller. Going out again tomorrow nite and feed it more alky. John theory is " bring home the hardware or bring it home on the hook".
I feel for all you who don't in Bowling Green. I'll be sure to keep you posted and rub it in just a little.--Lee

had too

I didn't know that you changed you account name Lee:confused:

My Darling and I relocated to BG last fall and once I changed internet providers I could not log in--to reset my password they wanted my e-mail a ddress--it was different so no go. I tried to get help from the ad. --finally gave up and created a new name using my initials.

I went to the GS Nationals in 90 and 91. I seen a Hot Air running in the high 13teens. I talked with the owner and this person may have been John. He was frm BG and a very nice person. I seen him make a run through the mufflers at 14 flat.