You can type here any text you want

117.49 with 6265dbb

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X Ray

The GNX changed my life!
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Took my dad to the track (Milan Michigan) last week, he lives in Arizona and has always wanted to see me run down the quarter mile…..he is an old time street racer….we had a great time. The car pulled hard down the track. :biggrin:
This is a time slip from my last run ….before you even ask, the reaction time was due to the fact the car next to me broke down….I rolled down the window to talk to the track worker to see what happened … by the time my power window rolled up the light was green… the guy did not know about our great power window motors ….. :)

I ran on 23 pounds of boost….93 octane with Methanol…on BFG G-Force, yes street tires. I have also posted my PowerLogger file, if you are interested.

Engine: Stock block Balanced and Blueprinted .020 over, Stock Pistons .020 over, Stock Crank .010/.010, ARP Main Studs ,2-3 Main Caps,210-205 Cam, Stock Rods , HV Oil Pump, Ported Steel Heads modified by Bob Stanley, Intake 1.770, Exhaust 1.5 with LT1 Springs rated @ 110# with ARP Bolts, Intakes stock and ported to match Heads,, Stock Headers, Turbo: PTE 6265E dbb air cooled center section. Razor Alky Kit BGC Custom Elbow, Converter: 12 inch Dacco 7727, Stall 2300-2500 Lock –up Clutch. Trans: 200-R4 Modified at Richard Clark’s trans class with, Billet Aluminum Superior Servo , Harden Stator,.500 Bust Valve, Alto Red Clutches, Alto Extra Wide Band, Billet 10 vain rotor in pump, Harden Rings, Revised Accumulator Spring , New Bushings ,Turbo Tweak chip with 60 # Injectors, PowerLogger, Scanmaster 2.1, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, XP Fuel pump, adj regulator, Hotwire kit, Volt Booster, SS3 inch down pipe, With 2.5 inch SS Exhaust, PTE Stock location Intercooler. Original Trans, Converter and Engine out of car, along with the Intercooler and the GNX Turbo.

Attachments

• scan0012.jpg
    scan0012.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 790
  • Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 788
congrats,

as far as the data that i can see, (if you want send me the whole log) looks like your leaning out on the top end. I would bump the alky up a notch and pull 1/2 fuel to get it back in the area it needs to be.

i see you have a lc-1 listed. is it hooked up to the powerlogger since your showing us 02's?

congrats,

as far as the data that i can see, (if you want send me the whole log) looks like your leaning out on the top end. I would bump the alky up a notch and pull 1/2 fuel to get it back in the area it needs to be.

i see you have a lc-1 listed. is it hooked up to the powerlogger since your showing us 02's?

^^^ i dont see the lean out. can you elaborate?.... 02s are high... knock is almost nil.... everything looks good... and that looks to be narrowband info. agreed WBO2 would be much more valuable, but his tune looks good from the posted readings and he's picking up 24+MPH between the 1/8 and 1/4.....

congrats,

Thanks for the info....yes the lc-1 is hooked up see attached readings...I will also e-mail the complete file. no winzip

Attachments

• turbo info.jpg
    turbo info.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 746
^^^ i dont see the lean out. can you elaborate?.... 02s are high... knock is almost nil.... everything looks good... and that looks to be narrowband info. agreed WBO2 would be much more valuable, but his tune looks good from the posted readings and he's picking up 24+MPH between the 1/8 and 1/4.....

tunning with 02's sucks. 02's are not high IMOP. as you can see at the top end of the track the 02's are getting lower the longer he is in it and drop to the 760 range. now knowing tunning with 02's suck 760 could mean 10.00 a/f and it could be 12.00 a/f we just dont know. ( alittle extreme but you know what i mean) also almost nil knock (1.2 deg at 23 psi can cause some major havic in short order) anyways its all good

Ok, now that i have the whole file this is what i see/ what i would do/fix

first thing is fix your TPS. at WOT you are getting 3.95 at at idle .40

Set the closed throttle TPS to .40-.46 volts i set mine at .44 . Set the WOT position to 4.20-4.60 volts, do not exceed 4.8 volts. your still getting power enrichment but its good to have these sensors set correctly.

Injector duty cycle, keep and eye on this your at 86% so with alittle more power you will be pushing 90%. you can spray alittle more alky to lower it but just keep and eye out

other then that tune looks pretty damn good. Are you using the WB chip? if so i would still add a hair of alky to see if we can get the knock all the way gone. if you are using the WB chip just add a splash of alky and pull your fuel table back to get the correction area back in place.

hope that helps some

hope that helps some

Yes it does and thanks....the thing that is interesting to me is I had the TPS set perfectly at one point....I will just adjust it again. And yes I am using a WB chip....thanks for your review....best regards.:)

I just checked a previous run to see my TPS readings….I see 4.40 volts across the board. My conclusion, I was not going all out. Need to put the foot to the floor to get 4.40 volts…my bad:redface:……so that last run could have been better.;)

You might want to have a look at your transmission - it looks like the 2-3 shift is flaring. :eek:

You might want to have a look at your transmission - it looks like the 2-3 shift is flaring. :eek:
X2
and the 1-2 isnt much better ,
also the change from gears 1-2 and 2-3 is really slow
mine drops 1000rpm in .2 sec

heres a screen shot of my 12.1 run stock turbo
200-4r --left shifter in D --10.5 protorque 2800-- unlocked

Thanks for the info ....I will need to investigate ....best regards

I agree I was thinking I'd turn it up a # or 2

Flare is when the transmission slips just before shifting. You can see the rpm's increase just before the shift occurs.

Nice run on street tires. You should be able to get a high 11, which is pretty cool. I've been playing around on street tires and got two 11.8 runs at 118mph with a 2.00 and a 1.97 60ft on 255/60 BFG TAs. This was at 21lbs boost on a Turbonetics 61 turbo with Champion irons, Champion ported intake, and 206 roller cam. The only thing I see hurting you a little are the slow shifts. Besides that our times and mph are very similar. :cool:

I might post up a thread one of these days with the full combo like you did. Thats a good run on street tires without having a huge turbo to make it up on the top end.

you state tires and posted they're bfg gforce "street tires "

mickey et street radials are street tires as well

just so its clear ..which gforce tire and size did you run on ?

you state tires and posted they're bfg gforce "street tires "

mickey et street radials are street tires as well

just so its clear ..which gforce tire and size did you run on ?

I run BFG g-force sport....255/50/16 in the rear and 245/50/16 in the front.:)
PS I like them.......

Attachments

• g-force-sport.jpg
    g-force-sport.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 447
They look like a good tire. Probably a lot more grip than the 255/60/15 BFG Radial TAs I was running.

Back