12.85 @ 114

buickrob

Man my converter killed me. Nice to see the MPH is there though. Should have raced with my TE-44 before buying the 6152, probably would have been a lower ET.

I sat with the green light staring me in the face for a while trying to build boost, thus the terrible reaction time. Might have hit a pound or two of boost, not much at all. Really dogged until the boost hit around 40' out, then it took off like a shot.

I'm thinking about going back to a smaller turbo because I really don't feel like pulling the trans again. I could spool about 7-9 psi on my 44 on the footbrake.

P1010546.jpg

Oh I'm more than aware it should be way faster ET with the 114 mph, definite 11's potential. The bright side is the power is there.

Boost231 you are absolutely right, I just have a hell of a time saving up:D

you know what i do when i need money. look around the house and list up all the crap lying around that i never use on ebay.

OK so you saw the aweful 60' time of 2.267 on the slip. Well, I went out and got a 6131 turbo and found that the old 6152 was leaking pretty good between the header and the turbo. That was my lag, the 61 is spooling really well. I can build and hold about 6 psi for a launch.

So, what do you think? I downgraded the turbo a bit but not much. What do you think a 6 PSI launch with not much lag will do for my 60' times and my ET? Might lose a couple MPH because of the turbo but I'm hoping to really help out my ET.

Can't wait for the track to open!

my guess would be 12.20's to 11.90's since you went from 1# of boost @ launch to 6#'s of boost.........considering you cut a decent 60' (don't go up in smoke) and run the car now as oppsed to waiting for heat/humidity in August. Good luck!

12.1 @ 108 on a 6131 a couple years ago(converter unlocked the whole way). Off the foot brake with about 4 psi. I couldn't get my foot and transbrake to agree. I was only running 20 psi due to tuning issues.

I'm curious to see what the 6131 is capable of with a 12-15 psi launch and 25 psi WOT blast. I have a 3000 stall, but it's a 12".

Man I'd love to see even an 11.99. I'm running 26 psi and have had successful launches on the street without smoking the tires. They broke a little at the end of first gear but hopefully the track will hook better than the street. I'll also have lower tire pressure at the track so.....

I went 11.79@114 with a ta 49 years back 11.80s shouldnt be too hard, if you can get that 60 ft down to the 1.7s

Almost 3 years ago now.... I went 11.48@112 on a 6152 with 26-27psi on a very loose Art Carr converter. Not very good mph up top, but hit hard down low. I had a 1.55 60ft on 275/60 MT DRs with an HR rear bar and stock boxed lower control arms. The key is getting it to hook and getting a good 60ft. You should run about 21-22 psi in the MT DRs unless it is really, really cold (low 40s), and then try less than 20 psi.

You might also need to look at the fueling down low to make sure its not too rich in 1st gear. Extra timing in 1st gear will help too. Practice, a good rear bar and posi will help those 60fts.