You can type here any text you want

12v source

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Good morning everyone I have some wiring to do on my turbo T like line lock , trans cooler fan , and some other things my question is where is the best place to pull my 12v from like the fuse panel

You can come directly off the battery, the back of the alternator, or there are a few 12v switched sources in the fuse block. They look like half a fuse socket. You'll have to put an inline fuse in whatever you pick.

It really depend on the current load of all the stuff you want to install. Little stuff that pulls next to nothing can pretty much be ran off the orange (constant hot) or yellow (switched ignition) wire behind the radio. Anything that needs some current needs to be ran off a relay with underhood power.

After 30 years, it's just not a good idea to really yank on the bulkhead electrical connector. The last thing you want is unknown poor contacts under the dash generating heat.

Yup hotwire the ignition and injectors and call it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neat, tidy, safe. We use remote fuse panels for such. Direct batt power, fuses of the correct rating, good q wire, connectors. We DON'T solder them.
Fuses should be chosen to 80% of their capacity. NO cheapo fuses. No ap store wire.
You'd be surprised at the number of wiring jobs we fix, that's been run w/ house wire! $150K Vette is the latest. Fuel pump has it.:rolleyes:

Neat, tidy, safe. We use remote fuse panels for such. Direct batt power, fuses of the correct rating, good q wire, connectors. We DON'T solder them.
Fuses should be chosen to 80% of their capacity. NO cheapo fuses. No ap store wire.
You'd be surprised at the number of wiring jobs we fix, that's been run w/ house wire! $150K Vette is the latest. Fuel pump has it.:rolleyes:

What do you do instead of soldering and what kind of aux fuse panel do you use

There are plug in connectors that latch available from Belden and Pico that lock into the GM taps for IGN and BAT ports in the fuse panel.

Search should bring up some part numbers, NAPA usually stocks them either on the racks out front, or from the part numbers in the books.

Soldering is fine if you are reasonably good at it. :)

There are plug in connectors that latch available from Belden and Pico that lock into the GM taps for IGN and BAT ports in the fuse panel.

Search should bring up some part numbers, NAPA usually stocks them either on the racks out front, or from the part numbers in the books.

Soldering is fine if you are reasonably good at it. :)

Ok thanks , well I solder and weld for a living so I should be able to figure it out lol

Back