You can type here any text you want

17" and up gnx similar wheel

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
They're 275x40x17 on 17x9-1/2, -15.78mm offset on the front, 315x35x17 on 17x12, -41.18mm offset on the back. I was going for the deep dish look on the back, I think I pulled it off. I got too aggressive on the back offset and had to put 1/4" spacers on. I've also got travel stops on the back.
This sizing worked for me but I have the GNX flares that give me more space to work with and I have a rock hard suspension. These probably won’t work on a GN with soft (stock) suspension. You need to take some measurements and see what size tire you can fit in. Make all your measurements from the mounting flange surface. The tires shouldn’t come inboard anymore than 4½”. If your suspension is soft or lowered make sure the tires will clear the fenders.
Once you know the size of tire you’re going to use selected the rim width you need. All tires sizes will have a range of rim sizes that they can be used with. The measure rim width will keep the sidewalls relatively square. Keep in mind that the section width listed for a tire will change by about .2” for every .5” of difference from the measure rim width. Last select the offset you need. This will move the tire centerline away from the mounting flange surface. A negative offset will move the tire outboard.
As you can see I’ve got the fronts tucked in. The back is lifted (with air bags) enough to prevent contact. If you need any help post your measurements.

FreeBoost,

I was wondering if you have any rubbing issues in the front? Do you have any pics from directly over the fronts looking down to show the amount the fronts are sticking out?

I have wanted to put 17x9.5 and 275s on the front for a long time, but I havent seen it done very well. Yours however, look awesome!

wheels look cool, but damn did you lift the car? you need to snug the body over those wheels:eek: or put some 26's on it:D

rking,
Thanks, I like them. I don't have any front rubbing that I know of but my front end rides pretty high (~1” above stock). I don't have any pictures looking straight down but I can take some tomorrow. I also was going to pull the front wheel of tomorrow so I can check for rub marks inside the wheel well. One of my winter projects is to install upper and lower tubular control arms and lower the front ~ 1-1/2” below stock. Unless you’re in a hurry to get your wheels I’d suggest you wait until my suspension work is finished and I’ll let you know how it turns out.

TURBOELKY,
The back is lifted slightly. The rear suspension mods (on top of the GNX suspension) are ATR rate wound springs, Bilstein shocks, air bags (at ~ 20 psi) with H&R air bag shims, a ATR 1-3/8” sway bar and travel stops. The mounting points for the shocks were raised ~ 1-1/2” for the Baer disc brake conversion.

Yeah, any other pics would be great. I know for sure that I am going to be running the flares, but I want the same stance as Elmer's car below, and I will figure out a way to get 17 or 18 by 9.5 and 275s in the front and 17 or 18 by 11 in the rear with a 315 or 335. I want the pro-touring look, and I want my GN to handle more like my C5.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/bxb266/gnx2.jpg

Sorry to say. But this what differnce makes. I have 16" enkies Car has 5,545
Org miles.scale to me is better. I do like wide tires. Mine are the exact.GNX
rims. Just a point of veiw

I think mine turned out ok!!

Attachments

• bad azz car!! 001.jpg
    bad azz car!! 001.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 429
Nice balance. This is what I was talking about. Nowhere on this car does any,
one thing over power the next. BFA,School of viusual arts..Nice car

Back