18/19" GNX Replica Wheels Installed

grass doctor

Sep 21, 2018
saint augustine fl
that car looks great nice job ,if that's what you like then thats all that matters
IMOP I do not like GNX wheels on anything but a gnx , its like a poser

Rob Lyons

Feb 10, 2018
San Francisco / San Jose
Man that sucks really like these rims. Was planning on grabbing a set. But if i cant find a tire that will hold the power then that is all bad for me as that is my issue right now after upgrading turbo, trans, and switching to e85, no grip. Has anyone found a street slic that would fit on the 19’s or even one of the 18’s that will hold decent power.

turbojay

Feb 14, 2009
NW Suburbs of Chicago
Man that sucks really like these rims. Was planning on grabbing a set. But if i cant find a tire that will hold the power then that is all bad for me as that is my issue right now after upgrading turbo, trans, and switching to e85, no grip. Has anyone found a street slic that would fit on the 19’s or even one of the 18’s that will hold decent power.
I don't know about others but the tires on my GN do spin a little from a dig but the car goes straight as an arrow.

Rell87

METH HEAD
Jul 30, 2008
Bay area, Ca
Nitto has a great street slic that i run on my 19in rims and it hooks great on the street in warm conditions. I'm hoping I can get the GNX replicas in a 20x11, if so I'll run the Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S 305/35-20

cruzn57

Still plays with cars!
Apr 18, 2002
AZ !
Nitto has a great street slic that i run on my 19in rims and it hooks great on the street in warm conditions. I'm hoping I can get the GNX replicas in a 20x11, if so I'll run the Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S 305/35-20
having been involved in the development of the 18/19 in GNX rims, I can almost for certain say there will not be any 20 in rims, (but anythings possible) the cost to create each size is substantial . each size has a separate mold, so to bring a 20 in to market, would be very expensive, ( it took between 3 to 4 years to get these to market)
when I say expensive, I'm talking over $75 k. and then there is a minimum quantity order,

Rell87

METH HEAD
Jul 30, 2008
Bay area, Ca
having been involved in the development of the 18/19 in GNX rims, I can almost for certain say there will not be any 20 in rims, (but anythings possible) the cost to create each size is substantial . each size has a separate mold, so to bring a 20 in to market, would be very expensive, ( it took between 3 to 4 years to get these to market)
when I say expensive, I'm talking over $75 k. and then there is a minimum quantity order,
I just received a email from Gbody stating the same thing.

Rosey1968

Mar 31, 2017
Flyover Country
I just coped what TurboJay did... thank you for posting the tire size/models. Here are the result minus the rear center cal logos... no rubbing on my Ridetech turn turn coilovers. Wheels were creamic coated as well...

The guys at Gbody.com were also awesome answer some tech questions... and the wheelse are awesome.

and now that I have 18" on the front ... C5 front brakes are my next fall project.

Thanks again Turbojay!!

Reactions: turbojay

turbojay

Feb 14, 2009
NW Suburbs of Chicago
I just coped what TurboJay did... thank you for posting the tire size/models. Here are the result minus the rear center cal logos... no rubbing on my Ridetech turn turn coilovers. Wheels were creamic coated as well...

The guys at Gbody.com were also awesome answer some tech questions... and the wheelse are awesome.

and now that I have 18" on the front ... C5 front brakes are my next fall project.

Thanks again Turbojay!!

View attachment 349508
Love it...your GN looks great. Keep me in the loop on how the C5 brakes work out for you. Are you going to do C5 brakes on front and back? Are you going to use Blazer spindles on the front?

Rosey1968

Mar 31, 2017
Flyover Country
Just doing the front for now... probably going with the new C5 spindles from CPP that are out there. I will do a post of the swap.

Leaving the rears for now... have S10 drums on the back that work well. I will tackle rear disc down the road after a few other projects.

thanks again.

Reactions: turbojay and Geezy

Cyrus72

Oct 22, 2017
Looks awesome!! Good call on the ceramic coating on your wheels. I had them done on mine and the brake dust and or dirt comes right off. Especially knowing how hard it is to get inside the crevices.

Reactions: turbojay