1968 Chevelle With '87 GN engine

got some work done today
IMG_1682internet.jpg

IMG_1688internet.jpg

IMG_1695internet.jpg

IMG_1697internet.jpg

IMG_1690internet.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

i have found a new level of respect for you engine compartment neat freaks.
i have been trying to clean things up, but it is SO much work and detail then one thing looks good and makes the other look bad and its tedious time consuming work and lots of work and time you get my point.
alt-internet.jpg

altbackside-Internet.jpg

altandthrottlebracket-internet.jpg

Waiting on the heads has me going crazy
and doing things i would never normally do
My intake pipe
IMG_1703-web.jpg

IMG_1704-web.jpg

assembled the Alt
IMG_1705-webb.jpg

Inter-cooler up pipe
IMG_1708internet.jpg

brackets
IMG_1706-internet.jpg

Dog house
IMG_1707-internet.jpg

Back to some old ideas and a new one
mods
1-Front Starion seats
2-B&M Mega shifter
3-Heavily modified Monte SS console
3-LS1 front brakes

Electricians NEED apply

Going to be replacing the two ECM plugs and i want to leave feeds for all the miscellaneous stuff.
what should a list of extra leads include??
1-Map sensor
2-Alky system
3-PowerLogger
4-????????

i am undecided on weather to use an 80s Monte console or to make one from scratch??

The only problem i have with making one is the weight of it issue - unless i can some how get my brother to make it for me out of fiber glass.

Glass isn't that hard to work with David. You will need a mold but it's pretty simple.

BTW, what re the seats out of?

Yea what are the seats from? They look similar to the car I took my console from. You might want to think about the console I got, its a really nice fit and the modern shifter is a huge step up from the Megashifter. My console is from a 2001 Grand Prix.

consolemockup.jpg

the seats are out of an 1988 Starion --Love to have one of them cars:frown:

@ 12bl My wife's car is a 01 GTP and them are the seats i really wanted but i never came across a good set locally.
So i settled for A set of seats that have been sitting in my garage for over 100 years.
i like your console BUT i hate the cup holder location and me being a fat guy that is a big deal
the plan is to modify a Monte SS console then drop the Mega shifter in there. that will help me keep my current cup holders in front of the shifter.

i like the Mega shifter i've had one in 3 vehicles already and just can't get over it. :confused: plus i already have it:biggrin:

Side note- i will be going to a "U-pull it" yard soon for some work van parts and i will be checking for seats in every W?? body that i come across. ;)

Thanks for the info on the seats David. They look really comfortable.

As far as the mega shifter, screw that. I've got the B&M Street Stick. Much smaller overall and I like the way it looks compared to the others.:biggrin: Here's a pic to give you an idea.

Attachments

• DSCN0013.jpg
    DSCN0013.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCN0014.jpg
    DSCN0014.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 459
Thanks for the info on the seats David. They look really comfortable.

As far as the mega shifter, screw that. I've got the B&M Street Stick. Much smaller overall and I like the way it looks compared to the others.:biggrin: Here's a pic to give you an idea.

These seats are NOT fat guy friendly AT ALL, lucky me that i am on a diet:biggrin::biggrin: FYI if i again a single pound back- the bench would have to go back in:eek::eek:

That ****er looks good too.

Got a lot of work done today replaced the two (2) Ecm plugs -- boy were they ugly :mad:
and installed the 2 step - can't wait to get the brake pedal Switch to start playing with it.:biggrin:

Attachments

• Ecm plug - old web 1.JPG
    Ecm plug - old web 1.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 453
  • ecm plug-old web-2.JPG
    ecm plug-old web-2.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 437
  • Ecm plug-old web-3.JPG
    Ecm plug-old web-3.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 441
  • Ecm plug-old-web-4.jpg
    Ecm plug-old-web-4.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 436
some cheap BS no good oil dripping breathers.
Want to get the aluminum ones but at $40.00 Plus each thats a lot of money for some breathers.

Thanks. I'm thinking about welding the angled tube directly to the VC and get the push-in style...wanted to see if there is a simpler solution out there.