1968 Chevelle With '87 GN engine

Thanks. I'm thinking about welding the angled tube directly to the VC and get the push-in style...wanted to see if there is a simpler solution out there.
i like that idea BUT i can't weld so thats not happening for me.

i might just break down :redface:and buy them over priced breathers:mad: i don't have the time to try ANOTHER back yard solution to this $100.00 problem:mad::mad:

while i was bored at home baby sitting.

its not finished yet, i will get it wrapped in black vinyl to be made look like one piece with the bottom part of the console. Also the lid will get some foam on the top side to help in the comfort department.
BUT Unfortunately it works good and i will procrastinate about finishing it up for a year or so:confused:.

in the mean time i guess i can brush some satin or flat black paint on to it. :confused::confused::eek::biggrin:

Attachments

• box 1.jpg
    box 1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 455
  • box 2.jpg
    box 2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 464
  • box 3.jpg
    box 3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 448
  • box 4.jpg
    box 4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 452
  • box 5.jpg
    box 5.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 455
Get some of the cheap bed liner in a spray can and coat it David. It should hold up pretty good and when you put vinyl on it it will have some padding on it.:)

The engine is coming back out (its working great) and a lot things are going to be redone
I feel i am where i want to be as far as 1/4 mile 11.74 is my current best and 11.78 was my most recent run with a bunch of things not going right with the first thing being my lack of tuning ability which is something i can sortta live with even dough its extremely frustrating but i like to talk smack about doing my own ship and this is one of my consequences.
My goal is still an 11.50 Run with 10.99 pipe dreams.
Anyways the rebuilding of the car is mostly for the WOW factor, safety and protection of the engine.
A lot of things WILL be over done (on purpose) especially the fuel and electrical systems.

on the engine compartment WOW factor i have a few ideas.

But would like to know what would you guys do to get the "WOW factor"?

BTW It is staying Buick V6 Powered.

Nice, you gunna do the small shot to get off the line or do a 150 shot the whole run?

Whats the state of the car right now? Mine is on what I call Phase 4 lol. Im building a 4l80e and scored a fiberglass bolt on SS hood.

He's just trying to make sure he can beat my car when I get it back together.:biggrin: LOL He doesn't know what I came up with now though, and no nitrous either. :)

Nice, you gunna do the small shot to get off the line or do a 150 shot the whole run?

Whats the state of the car right now? Mine is on what I call Phase 4 lol. Im building a 4l80e and scored a fiberglass bolt on SS hood.
i have a lot of plans i just to get some of them.

on the N2o - i am looking for about a 50-75 HP shot just for the launch.
The car is doing good, only fuel issue and a leaky power steering pump right now.
if i was calling phases i would be at 100 by now.
i am also going to try "something" with an alky kit.

He's just trying to make sure he can beat my car when I get it back together.:biggrin: LOL He doesn't know what I came up with now though, and no nitrous either. :)

You ain't NEVER getting that car back together.:eek:
i have no worries.:rolleyes:

Just remember that the turtle may have been slow but somehow he won the race in the end.:biggrin::tongue:

i have no doubt that IF you EVER get your car done i'll be lucky to see your tails lights for more then a second or so.
BUT
like i said you ain't never getting your car done.:eek:

that said - get used to looking at my tail lights:cool:.

Some pictures of the F-Body front disc brake up grade coming real soon.

i have no doubt that IF you EVER get your car done i'll be lucky to see your tails lights for more then a second or so.
BUT
like i said you ain't never getting your car done.:eek:

that said - get used to looking at my tail lights.:cool:

The ironic thing is I fully expect to blow up the first engine David.:eek: A .060 block and a .030 crank with hypers and stock polished rods.:smile: Oversized valves for the heads as well as max ported, and the headers aren't stock at all.:biggrin: I've got 2 billet mains that need to be installed in the block but that's the only other mod that needs doing before I assemble it now. Got all the gaskets ect but need the frame bushings and to finish the frame. Not trying to make it pretty right now but get it to run so I can test everything.:cool:

this is just for you Charlie

Rusty old junk parts

Attachments

• DSC02106.jpg
    DSC02106.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC02110.JPG
    DSC02110.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 288
I don't want to see your junk David.:eek: I'm not that kind of guy after all.:mad: Put it back where it belongs!:tongue::biggrin:

Hey so how did you route the LC1 wires and where did you mount the controller? I have my controller on top of the heater box and the wires run through the factory antenna hole into the car.