1968 Chevelle With '87 GN engine

In your first pic, the bracket holds (from left to right), MAP sensor, fuel pump relay, AC relay, and spark module. On the driver side fender, the three relays are all for the radiator fan.

let the butchering begging
i short-tend 11 wires and i still have 50 million more to go :mad:
IMG_1604-Internet.jpg

IMG_1603-internet.jpg

Man I've always been leary of cutting the factory harness but I'm getting close to saying screw it. Can't wait to see what you can do with the wire mess :cool:

Man I've always been leary of cutting the factory harness but I'm getting close to saying screw it. Can't wait to see what you can do with the wire mess :cool:

I was also scared of touching it.
But
The horse him self told me that shortening it wouldn't cause any problems.
i am cutting one wire at a time that way theres no way to mix them up.
BTW
Those 11 wires took me TWO hours and a neck and back cramp to do.:mad::mad::mad:

Just make sure to solder and heat shrink everything David. I'd hate to see a bad wire cause you to blow the engine again.

Just make sure to solder and heat shrink everything David. I'd hate to see a bad wire cause you to blow the engine again.

i am trying to find more heat shrink stuff as i ran out.
i am hoping HomeDepot has some.
Cutting
wire brushing the wire
soldering
heat shrinking it.
IF i had the money i would be waiting for the brown truck with a new harness in it for me. This being broke ship sucks.

i am trying to find more heat shrink stuff as i ran out.
i am hoping HomeDepot has some.
Cutting
wire brushing the wire
soldering
heat shrinking it.
IF i had the money i would be waiting for the brown truck with a new harness in it for me. This being broke ship sucks.

Try opening a business in the ecconomy David.:eek: That's what I'm trying to do.:biggrin:

i am doing this to eliminate that sloppy jumper that feeds the map sensor 5 volts and i am debating weather or not to keep the ground jumper (map sensor to body) or wire it to the a ground of the harness.????

i am also going to be adding grounded bolts as i HATE the sheet metal grounds on the body.

Also is there such a thing as TOO much ground?
I looked over some of my original stuff and found extra grounds everywhere.

There can never be to many grounds David. I'll be adding some welding cable to mine from the engine to the frame and body to make sure there's no issues.

Got some more work done today
Still not done with the wiring but check out what it looks like.
i almost quit at this point
IMG_1614-internet.jpg

But i finally finished the big section of the harness
IMG_1615-internet.jpg

i still want to clean up the section that goes to them sensors/relays
IMG_1616-internet.jpg

this is what it looked like
IMG_1461-internet.jpg

I also cleaned the block to get it ready for the Machine shop tomorrow
IMG_1608-internet.jpg

i removed another 6 wires from that same heater area
Some of which were left over from my DIY alky kit.
i also tied the map sensor to the PowerLogger via the sensors OE wires so no more jumpers feeding the 5 Volts to the map or from the map to the PL and Alky system.
I just hope it all works once the engine is back in the car.

I am also thinking about painting the engine Silver/Aluminum Color to help with finding leaks.

What is a Good engine paint paint that will last?.

Last edited:
A light color will keep more heat in the engine. I prefer Chevy orange or Buick red. The orange makes it very easy to find leaks and is a more effeciant temp color for the engine.

A light color will keep more heat in the engine. I prefer Chevy orange or Buick red. The orange makes it very easy to find leaks and is a more effeciant temp color for the engine.

YUKKK
i hate that Chevy orange or reds on and engine, well unless it matches the body.

I'd rather keep it black if thats the case.

This could have been messing with my performance:confused:
Trying to send them out to get welded and ceramic coated.
DSC01416.jpg

if not that one then this one

DSC01419.jpg

got a few things done, but no engine yet

this is my old over-flow bottle
IMG_1669-internet.jpg

this is my new over-flow bottle and new chrome radiator hold-down
IMG_1665-internet.jpg

i got tired of the sheet metal ground so i put this one in its place.
IMG_1671-internet.jpg

Trying to improve the sounds so i made this
IMG_1668-internet.jpg

Good idea using wood on the speaker tray. I have a carpeted peice of wood that need some improvement.

Oh I hacked my wiring to pieces recently, check out the pics in my thread its pretty slick.