You can type here any text you want

1974 Trans Am

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

incharge

While going thru some serious frustrations with my stage 2 build I often think about the 74 TRANS AM that I sold to buy my GN and kick myself ,while the GN is way faster and more of a daily driver with A/C and overdrive the Trans Am was very easy to work on and tune and the cam in that 455 was very nasty sounding but was a 4 speed and had no A/C here are some pics.

Attachments

• 42_12_sb.jpg
    42_12_sb.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 80_12_sb.jpg
    80_12_sb.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 253
Very nice!!

I've owned a 67 firebird, 80 turbo T/A, and an 81 Nascar edition turbo T/A.

John :smile:

That’s a sweet car. A friend in high school had a 74 w/455 and 4 speed. After my first ride in it and he power shifted into 2nd the car smoked the tires and I have since always liked that car. You don’t see too many of them around.

I gotta throw my 2-cents in on this....

I'm on my third turbo Buick since 1996 and it's true that I've had a lot of fun with them, but I've also had lots of problems with each one. I've got numerous threads and posts on this board about the problems I've had with the GN I currently own and I'm just about ready to hang it up on this one. If I could find a reasonable deal on a car like the TA you had, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat for the same reasons you said you miss it. There's a lot to be said for simplicity, especially if you have a busy life.

74 T/a.

I told you never to sell it but you would not listen. :biggrin: This car was perfect and looked 10 times better in person. BTW nice color choice.:wink:

Get that Buick put togather and go for a spin and your T/A will be forgotten again.:biggrin:

I ave owned a few T/A's.. ahh a 71 455 H.O. 4 speed... a 79 Tenth Anni T/A.... and 89 20TH anni T/A and although I loved them all for different reasons my favorite is still the Turbo Buick's.... have owned 5 of them:eek:

Hope you find your way my friend;)

Having seen this TA in person down at Towers I can also say it was a really sweet ride and you certainly don't see too many in that nice of condition. The Turbo Regals are a different kind of animal, both have their pros and cons like most anything in life.

Hope you have better luck with your Stage2 project.:cool:

I had a 1975, 400, 4 speed that looked exactly like that when I was 15.:eek:

Man it got the ladies back in the day. Than moved up to a sweet black 79 TA 6.6, w/ 4 speed. Witch I proceeded to wrap around a concrete truck head on at about 75mph.....:eek: Not a good thing to do.

That picture sure brings back some memories. Thanks.

Back