You can type here any text you want

1980 BUICK REGAL I JUST FINISHED ...(Video)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1980 Buick

If such things interest anyone, here's a video of another 80 Regal I found ... All that's left is the pin-striping and some clean-up detail. I'm trying too stay AWAY from Craigslist as I don't want anymore ! :confused:

Theirs a beautiful one with 14,000 miles on their now !! "SOMEONE GET IT" !!:rolleyes:

Enjoy:

;)

Amazing job. That Regal, and any Olds or Pontiac like it, are the most comfortable cars I have ever driven. I can't believe Maaco painted it. I have had many vehicles painted at Maaco, personally and for the company I worked for, and none looked like that. Great paint work.

I agree 100% !! "Maaco" ? "are you CRAZY" ? < I asked myself > . BUT, after literally "begging" many Body Shops in my area with "pony tailed lazy-ass's" that would not even so much as extend me the courtesy of a return phone call, "I was desperate"! ... I went to these guys 3 cars ago and they've ALWAYS exceeded my expectation. True that they can (and do) "rattle can" jobs on cars * "you get what you pay for"... BUT, if you work in harmony / concert with these guys, the outcomes as "perfect" as I'd ever need. Some recession huh ? "that's what drove me to these guys" ...

Proof once again that the line: "put-up- or SHUT up" is still alive and well !
It was by fate, and pure luck that I found these Guys ....

"there it is".

Thanks loads. Best.

Some Macco's do really good work but most just try to do the minimum. You guys may not remember Earl Schibs years ago. They painted everything. Headlights, tail lights, window, ect.:eek: They're out of business now but the founder was a pioneer in paint and body and even had his own line of paint that he sold to the big tree back in the day.

I do remember the "99.00" paint job adds Charlie ! "I remember Maaco too". That's what bothered me upon going there initially (the first time).
I guess (in my example / setting) it was the owner, and HIS expectation. *He said to me: "You have high standards don't you" ? I ("of course")
replied yes ... He then remarked: "MINE ARE HIGHER". (Perhaps the difference lies there ?)

These Guys paint vintage Refrigerators, Motor-Cycles, Boats, Canoe's ... ANYTHING ! "HERE": There bulging with Business and the "talks" getting out !
The owner sees everything going out and demands quality work. "It seems to be working for them".

After that, "People talk" ... and this ones talking still. ;)

That is a really nice paint job. All the maaco's around here do shit paint jobs, ive never tried earl shibe but there is still a few aroind here and there.

I couldn't find a Buick to put my motor in so I put it in my 51 Chevy Fleetline. Regal Sport motor, TH400 shift kit, Camaro rear end Mustang II frontend. Power rack and pinion Power brakes. Disks up front drum in the rear.
Turbo.jpg
Blue back.jpg

Nice car but you might want to start your own thread rather than hijack someone else's thread.;)

I always add a 1" rubber spacer "stool" at the springs base on my Regal's ... they sit high a few days and settle back down to about 1" higher then where they were.
I like them about 1" taller in both the front and back as this won't compromise the ride at all. ;)

Well, In the depth of Winter ... I just uncovered this car and the paint still looks as tho it was applied in the Video ! (a couple guys asked me too check this some time ago ... *(Remember "Maaco" did the paint). NOW: If I could just get the dam Turbo too work ! ...

*I've tried everything and unless I pull the stock quad. - jet "horn" off (the air-cleaner atop the Carburetor) it will NOT boost at all.

This annoys me too no end as I vividly remember this NOT being the case (In working on these things "in my daily go" back in the Buick Dealership days).

I'm ready to have Charlie brought here and "crack this nut".

Happy New Year too all !

*(I haven't been "on" here for awhile).

Now that's what I call a service call.:D Remember that I get $50 an hour from the time I leave to the time I get back, plus $.50 per mile.:eek::ROFLMAO:

NOW: If I could just get the dam Turbo too work ! ...

*I've tried everything and unless I pull the stock quad. - jet "horn" off (the air-cleaner atop the Carburetor) it will NOT boost at all.

If you leave the horn on, but remove the red accordion duct, will it build boost?

If you leave the horn on, but remove the red accordion duct, will it build boost?

"YES" ... (and the ther-mac damper / hot air pipes are clear / working fine).
Note this is in a WOT Throttle only .... (any Boost) "when / if you get anything" ...

I can recall driving these and remember part / "mid? throttles moved these cars right along .... NOT this one !
You'd NEVER know it was a Turbo (because its so flat).

LeSabre's, Riv's, ("other then Turbo failure at about 40 K") ... ALL were pretty good runners !

Unless the air filter element is plugged up I'm stumped.

Are you sure it's zero boost? It's not uncommon for the carb's secondaries to stick closed for various reasons. Then you are limited to about 6 psi of boost and the boost builds slowly.

Unless the air filter element is plugged up I'm stumped.

Are you sure it's zero boost? It's not uncommon for the carb's secondaries to stick closed for various reasons. Then you are limited to about 6 psi of boost and the boost builds slowly.

Most kind of you too "weigh in" ... Na, the filters new. *(Charlie talked about the secondaries and I'll have to recheck same). Once the fast idle cam falls the secondaries can com-on, the vacuum break (sec. V break) too works fine. When you "mat it", it "goes": ... and "bit-by-bit you'll lazy-lee get a yellow (and if ya stay on it a red) Turbo lite. But YOUR RIGHT, It EXACTLY mimic's a "non-4 barrel oper. symptom ! *I recall driving these in their day (I said this) and they didn't "FLY" into the warp zone ... but they moved right along ! This one however, is deader then a dog PERIOD. *SOMETHINGS WRONG*

ALL the above is ONLY with the plastic bellow's (the air inlet) OFF. BTW the Turbo's new. Put everything back (air cleaner on and nutted down) and it runs like a normal 231 normally asp, engine.

*PUSHING IT *I can recall MAYBE 6-7 lbs MAX.

Back