1981 GP with a 3.8 231

This s a "turbo" Buick board. Put a turbo on that thing and maybe someone will talk to you.

;)

Throw a fresh set of intake and head gaskets on that puppy and get her back together. Did you ever do a compresion test while you had it together? You know you've got 27 year old valve springs on those heads. There's a lot of ways you can go, just have to decide what you're doing. If you're goin to run it with a turbo, you don't want a lot of cam, or compression. If you're not, you can look at raising the compresion and bumping the cam and fueling up. MAKE A PLAN.

well after seeing how a grand national moves..im thinking of trying to go turbo...I cant even find parts such as turbo carbs..I even tried ebay..I see a few gn superchargers but i dont think they will work

If you want to make that thing GO when you hit the gas...honestly...give up on the old tired V6 thats in it and start searching for a wrecked 86-87 Turbo Regal for a drivetrain swap (if your gonna go turbo dont waste the time trying to find parts to piece one together because it will be a major pain in the ass and will probably cost you more in the long run). You can make the 3.8 run semi-decent using a carb setup (no blower) but don't think its going to get even close to the performance of a SFI Turbo 3.8. It won't. If you search the boards or even Ebay you can find people selling complete drivetrains. You will never get a carbed 3.8 to satisfy your need for power.

well i got my heads back from the shop they resurfaced them, magnaflux, and did the seals...I have them installed on the block now...I was wondering is it recommended that I use exhaust manifold gasket...when i remove the manifold the first time it wasn't a gasket being used

well I got the motor back together im just having a hard time mounting the accessories brackets and does anyone have a picture of the belt routings and vaccums