1987 Buick Regal Body Mount "Puck" Replacement advice ...

1980 Buick

Hi,

I please wondered if anyone could point me to a "tutorial" (or the like) with the method one uses / amid the "tricks" (and ADVICE), in replacing my body biscuits on an 87 "G" Regal. WHO makes / has the best "kit" as near to O.E.M. / or is the after mkt. better ?, wheres the "sweet spot's" to PB Blast the cage nuts and get them good an soaked in the back, and under the rear seat ... *(so I'll at least have a chance in getting the bolts out) ... "that kinda thing".

ANY counsel or advice is appr. !! *I've seen a kit by "energy" (the 4141), is that a good "fit" ? .... AND: IF yes: why are these avail. in in diff. colors & just not "black" ??.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP !!

Kirban has a nice kit with all the missing bushings etc. $250 if I remember :unsure:

Courtesey of gnttype.org.

You will also want to purchase the new bolt kit from kirban as well.
51f377f54ee1e8d5a0005390bbd5c13b.jpg

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Thanks !! ... SO: the "Energy Kit" (for considerably less $ amid all the hardware / like), ISN'T the way ta go then I take it ?.

I LOVE Kirban's stuff, ... "so don't get me wrong" !!!. ;)

I just finished the installation yesterday.
Kirban only carries the core support bushings and are it out of the other kit.

Do a search on poly vs rubber to make your decision.

I just finished the installation yesterday.
Kirban only carries the core support bushings and are it out of the other kit.

Do a search on poly vs rubber to make your decision.

I have the Energy Suspension kit installed and don't mind the tight ride. Every now & then the squeaks bother me and I think I shouldn't have sold the rubber kit I had. Like Jerryl says there is some reading for you here on the board.

FYI - oldbuickparts may have the kit if Kirban does not.
Bob

Different colors typically mean a different shore durameter (hardness)
You can get the kit froms from G body parts, Summit, JEGS, Kirbans, research before buying, some like polyurethane, some hate it, I’m still waiting for the harshness of the HR polyurethane motor mounts and trans mount to calm down, when I first installed them, picked up every little engine vibration, it’s slowly getting better.

I have the Energy Suspension kit installed and don't mind the tight ride. Every now & then the squeaks bother me and I think I shouldn't have sold the rubber kit I had. Like Jerryl says there is some reading for you here on the board.

FYI - oldbuickparts may have the kit if Kirban does not.
Bob

Did you coat the moving area's with grease or the like ? ... *and: did you like the kit overall ?

THANKS for GREAT advice Gentleman !

I'm OK with Energy Suspension kit. At the time we save some $$ using the polyurethane body bushing kit. We used a synthetic lubricant that was available but I can't say if it was applied thoroughly enough or even if it still helps after time & temp take their toll. " It all seemed like a good idea at the time." That phrase pops up a lot in my history, but knowing what I know now and seeing the crappy state of the roads in this country, I'd say RUBBER.

My driving is mostly two lane, city street, some Interstate or freeway and I might never actually get this car to the track for a kick. For me I'd go for quieter and more butt comfortable if buying today.

. . . . For me I'd go for quieter and more butt comfortable if buying today.
There comes a time in everyone's life when comfort takes a front seat. I am very protective of the Buick ride quality of my car and will slow the car down, before sacrificing that.

"LOL" ... yeah: "I've seen some video's depicting a rough time with some cars". (rusted-parts / fasteners). So far as mine, it went VERY well and it's complete. The "Energy" part kit was the "no-frill's" / too the point one n' done. VERY, VERY nice.

SOAKING the "drop-in nuts" helped immensely, and yeah; all the bolts flew right out.

After that: a lift's the way ta go if you have one ... combine that with a bit of "LUCK", and the result's are GREAT.