You can type here any text you want

1987 LIMITED 29K MILES leather!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
slowcar said:
From taking off the wheels it appears the wheels have never been rebalanced after it left the dealer and the wheels were never off car after leaving dealer... brake pads are original and still have a lot of life left...original muffler and so on....AND no I cant sell it for what I paid for it....why would that make sense??

Just figured I'd try to help relieve you of your tough situation. I know the last seller was asking 12,900 or best a month ago. Good luck with the flip!

AND no I cant sell it for what I paid for it....why would that make sense??[/QUOTE]

its your car ask what you want.... but it interesting that you low-balled a guy about a month ago on the price of 2 cars he was selling ( 1 he just bought) because he lost his job for about 10k less than he was asking, nothing wrong with people low balling your asking price

My Opinion

My Opinion concerning this is....

This guy can ask whatever he wants for his car and maybe he was quick to getting a really good deal from the prior owner and all-
but the problem rests with the conscious of the person who's buying this car. I'd like to ask the people who are interested in buying this guys car.

"If you know what this guy paid for the car, and let's say for example he got a really good deal and paid only 12,000 for this car, and you shell out 16,000 to 17,000 for it..."

Can you Live with knowing this??? :confused: :eek:

But On the Contrary... ;)
And if you can - and you have the money for your new ride, and this is the car that makes you ultimately happy, then God Bless You and Congratulations!

Well here I go again on these cars....it is like I am selling a new GTO or Stang....

The engines in the TR'S are 20 years ahead of there time... more power then most big blocks and more economical...2 years of production... can we say rarer then Hemis and anything else you can think of that demands BIG Money today?....I do recall offering to buy the two buicks that the gentleman was buying but at that time I had exactly that amount of money to spare... if he said no .. which he did.. well I got no cars... he did buy that really clean 32k mile Blue on Blue T .... he was asking more then he paid...about 3k more.. well account the shipping and maybe $1500 more... WELL GUYS I AM GONNA LET YOU IN ON SOMETHING... How many .. And I do mean HOW MANY OF THESE CARS .... CLEAN ONES ACTUALLY COME UP FOR SALE NOWADAYS???? HMMMM .... Hardly ever....NEVER.....We are not talking SRT8's Or Lexus's or GTO'S or Stangs here.. we are talking about cars which less then 35% of the original production account is gone forever.... They dont build'em anymore obviously .. in over 20 years soon.... They are for collectors and enthusiasts Period... The GN'S are notorious and the T'S and The Limiteds are known amongst us Buick fanatics and when you let a complete fool of these cars in on the rarity .... they cant believe the amount that may exist and how fast the cars were stock....My Limited for example .. well it has leather and some of the other members may own one or there may be more out there for sale...maybe 20-30 around?? But how long will someone want to wait and will it be original and clean?? Maybe a handful are like this and maybe a half a dozen come up for sale a year... GN'S?? WELL clean ones are now being sold on ebay with low miles... going for crappy bids and nobody is looking at them now...not as much as they should...We are about to hit the 20 year mark and these cars are going to fly in value.... no BS.... what other cars in the 80's had any kind of performance at all? A calloway vette? Crap..... A porche... yeah right...TA'S...maybe but they wont see any real money....TTA'S? they will start to go up but the whole Pontiac thing hurts them a little...on the other hand the TR'S were the fastest 0-60 and 1/4 mile car next to the Countach in the world as for as production goes... What does this mean? Serious Interest and collector status... The GNX is seeing it first and why? Because it was the highest cost and most recognized car at the end of the era of these TR'S.... All the other cars are going to follow.... There were a ton of Hemis, Shelbys, LS6'S in the early 90's available and they were just starting to take off like rockets and now going on almost 35 years ... wow...a bit more rare .... a lot more money.... It also comes down to what a person wants for their cars... The new GT500's Are stupid priced... 65k for a modified mustang... yeah at 10k units a year...no rarity on that one... only an idiot will pay that much... and a lot of people are.. they are listening to a dealer tell them that the cars are a one on production and no more to be built... 5 sec. on the net shows otherwise...But people are coughing up the dough.... think about it if someone will pay it then why not sell it to them? This kills the market all together.....Back to the Buick...19 years and counting.. the cars are only getting rarer and harder to find.... And can you live with the fact that you let a car that you may never see again in a long time for sale go because you were penny pinching on the notion that the other guy paid less?? Give me a break....you want it ... you buy it.. what are we talking about here guys ..cars that are costing us less then a base Hyundai at the local dealer???GEESH....Look at the people shelling out 50-70k for a GNX ... and you will say well those people have got the loot? Yeah right most of them are getting loans and taking out second house loans... why? Because they feel a rise in value IN THE FUTURE and it is what they want... Well I can buy 5 of my cars for the price of one of the GNX's...and all TR'S give you the same enjoyment and driving experience when stock...no substitute for the turbo 3.8!!! In comparison I have to say that again the price these cars are now should be considered cheap... and it wont be long before the market jumps and people get greedy and wont sell for less then there ASKING PRICES as the GNX'S are now...A USED 3 YEAR OLD PRIUS is selling for more then prime TR'S are selling for... this is crazy...but good time to buy that is for sure...Money is only paper... this car is piece of history...... I have owned A LOT OF CARS... and I always have a love for the TR'S ......It is hard to get one you really want anymore....because nobody is selling them and not many are around to sell.... If it was up to me I would buy a warehouse and put as many as I can away... unmolested and orginal..... money in the bank...but I cant right now....Thats all FOLKS....I rest my case .... oh and the car is still for sale and the highest offer is $16,200....

Are you a dealer? If not, you're "skipping title"...

And that will get you in a whole heap o' trouble with your DMV and the Feds. If that dealer sold you the car with an open title (that is, your name not on the document listed as buyer), he may be in almost as much trouble as you.

Another problem-- the original owner in Exton can go senile and regret the sale. Tomorrow, he can go to the PA DMV and apply for a duplicate title. And next week, while you decide whether you'll keep it, he can claim the car was stolen out of his garage. No record of new buyer reported back to PA or thru NICB from any other state, so you now have a real problem on your hands if you don't record it in your state in a timely fashion.

Also, I have to ask-- though it's a beautiful car... What the **** happened to the engine bay? Was it the old "empty a can of Lemon Pledge (or Armorall) on it," or did someone just spray clear lacquer on everything in sight (including right over the dirty spark plug wires)? Looks quite shoddy, especially compared to the rest of the car which appears unmolested and quite beautiful.

Again, VERY nice car, but watch that title stuff (and the Pledge)... :biggrin:

I asked the dealer ...

The orginal title I asked for.... The original owner would have a long way to come and a lot of trouble to go through... anyway...Pledge?? LOL no it was WD-40 and silicone..... trying to preserve the hoses and stuff from the elements....lol it does look like pledge though but smells like WD-40.....

As I said earlier the dealer told me they couldnt work around the sales tax on 13 grand which someones gonna have to pay, meaning I would have to pay the sales tax on 13gs in my state, which was gonna put it up to 14gs which was still a great buy, if the car floats your boat for that.

Salesman also told me he thought he had a serious buyer in Florida he was waiting to hear back from that he sent more picts to, it sounded like he was thinking resale the salesman told me. :rolleyes: that if I wanted it, to paypal him a deposit that I could have it, but as I said I passed. I guess he might have been right but to each his own, good luck reguardless.

gnmaster2004 said:
the emblems were taken off by the original owner for a more sleeper look I assume... no paint work on car that I can see...I am using Jeff's SN ...
--------------------------------
Doubtful. Generally when one takes off the badging to give the car that sleepler look, all of the badging is removed, not just that on the front. Just personal observations, no flaming intended.

slowcar said:
I see..... :confused:
--------------------------
SLOWCAR:
I am going to pass on the car. Pretty car, but not exactly what I had in mind. Thank you for taking the time to send me the pictures. Good luck in your sale of the car, & I am sure that you will find a buyer.

look at some of your previous posts for people trying to sell their cars that guy in fla trying to sell his blue t you low-balled his offer as well, point is don't get upset when people throw out offers less than your asking.

Car is located in south Florida.... Ft. Lauderdale

As for the guy with the Blue T in my state...well awesome car indeed...and he too bought the car and kept it and is trying to resell it not too long after he bought it......very cool modified car..but this car I have is not modified and is simply a time warp car...nothing less nothing more.....this is why I chose to buy this one and I am asking about average for the car.... and as I have said... they dont make em anymore and you wont find another like it for sale anytime soon this original and thats that.....

I recently purchased this car from PA... still have the original title from the owner not transfered.

The orginal title I asked for.... The original owner would have a long way to come and a lot of trouble to go through

Your statements are false, and buyer/seller actions are illegal, I'll explain why.

If you are buying a car from PA with a PA title, live in another state, and not a car dealer... the buyers complete name, address, sellers signature, and selling price MUST be on the title and it MUST be done in the presence of a notary and it MUST be notarized. That is the sellers/owners responsibility. The buyer doesn't need to be present, seller can mail it to the buyer.

Before the buyer can sell that car to another buyer, you have to process that title to your states DMV, pay sales tax, and get a new title back in your name from your state.

Anything else is illegal.

You need to mail that title back to the guy you bought it from, he has to take it to a notary, sign the title over to you, and hope he mails it back to you. Because as it stands right now he still owns that car, and he is the only one that can sell it to somebody.

I will set a bill of sale for 1k on car to buyer...

You are just full of great ideas aren't you? :)

PS: That whole lecture on how Turbo Regals are the next coming of Christ was painful to read.

slowcar said:
The engines in the TR'S are 20 years ahead of there time... more power then most big blocks and more economical...2 years of production... can we say rarer then Hemis and anything else you can think of that demands BIG Money today?....I do recall offering to buy the two buicks that the gentleman was buying but at that time I had exactly that amount of money to spare... if he said no .. which he did.. well I got no cars... he did buy that really clean 32k mile Blue on Blue T .... he was asking more then he paid...about 3k more.. well account the shipping and maybe $1500 more... WELL GUYS I AM GONNA LET YOU IN ON SOMETHING... How many .. And I do mean HOW MANY OF THESE CARS .... CLEAN ONES ACTUALLY COME UP FOR SALE NOWADAYS???? HMMMM .... Hardly ever....NEVER.....We are not talking SRT8's Or Lexus's or GTO'S or Stangs here.. we are talking about cars which less then 35% of the original production account is gone forever.... They dont build'em anymore obviously .. in over 20 years soon.... They are for collectors and enthusiasts Period... The GN'S are notorious and the T'S and The Limiteds are known amongst us Buick fanatics and when you let a complete fool of these cars in on the rarity .... they cant believe the amount that may exist and how fast the cars were stock....My Limited for example .. well it has leather and some of the other members may own one or there may be more out there for sale...maybe 20-30 around?? But how long will someone want to wait and will it be original and clean?? Maybe a handful are like this and maybe a half a dozen come up for sale a year... GN'S?? WELL clean ones are now being sold on ebay with low miles... going for crappy bids and nobody is looking at them now...not as much as they should...We are about to hit the 20 year mark and these cars are going to fly in value.... no BS.... what other cars in the 80's had any kind of performance at all? A calloway vette? Crap..... A porche... yeah right...TA'S...maybe but they wont see any real money....TTA'S? they will start to go up but the whole Pontiac thing hurts them a little...on the other hand the TR'S were the fastest 0-60 and 1/4 mile car next to the Countach in the world as for as production goes... What does this mean? Serious Interest and collector status... The GNX is seeing it first and why? Because it was the highest cost and most recognized car at the end of the era of these TR'S.... All the other cars are going to follow.... There were a ton of Hemis, Shelbys, LS6'S in the early 90's available and they were just starting to take off like rockets and now going on almost 35 years ... wow...a bit more rare .... a lot more money.... It also comes down to what a person wants for their cars... The new GT500's Are stupid priced... 65k for a modified mustang... yeah at 10k units a year...no rarity on that one... only an idiot will pay that much... and a lot of people are.. they are listening to a dealer tell them that the cars are a one on production and no more to be built... 5 sec. on the net shows otherwise...But people are coughing up the dough.... think about it if someone will pay it then why not sell it to them? This kills the market all together.....Back to the Buick...19 years and counting.. the cars are only getting rarer and harder to find.... And can you live with the fact that you let a car that you may never see again in a long time for sale go because you were penny pinching on the notion that the other guy paid less?? Give me a break....you want it ... you buy it.. what are we talking about here guys ..cars that are costing us less then a base Hyundai at the local dealer???GEESH....Look at the people shelling out 50-70k for a GNX ... and you will say well those people have got the loot? Yeah right most of them are getting loans and taking out second house loans... why? Because they feel a rise in value IN THE FUTURE and it is what they want... Well I can buy 5 of my cars for the price of one of the GNX's...and all TR'S give you the same enjoyment and driving experience when stock...no substitute for the turbo 3.8!!! In comparison I have to say that again the price these cars are now should be considered cheap... and it wont be long before the market jumps and people get greedy and wont sell for less then there ASKING PRICES as the GNX'S are now...A USED 3 YEAR OLD PRIUS is selling for more then prime TR'S are selling for... this is crazy...but good time to buy that is for sure...Money is only paper... this car is piece of history...... I have owned A LOT OF CARS... and I always have a love for the TR'S ......It is hard to get one you really want anymore....because nobody is selling them and not many are around to sell.... If it was up to me I would buy a warehouse and put as many as I can away... unmolested and orginal..... money in the bank...but I cant right now....Thats all FOLKS....I rest my case .... oh and the car is still for sale and the highest offer is $16,200....

Wow! I cant believe I just waisted that much time reading all of that.

It is the official 2nd coming of TR'S and Christ is the pilot

I wasted as much time writing it.... why have there been people on this board .. only a few who have insisted that the original title is Illegal and it should be transfered? WHO REALLY CARES.... I am selling a 20 year old car....not real estate .. I kept the title this way only for reason of originality...car is insured and will soon enough be transfered.....

No offense man, people just dont really like it when people flip cars. Specially when the vast majority of us knew about the car before you purchased it. It is definately a nice car. I wanted it but to be quite frank, I wouldn't buy the car now and it is upsetting when some of us wanted it and you purchased it just to flip it. You should definately transfer titles into your name. It is illegal and the past owner does technically own the car until you title it. Good luck on the sale! :cool:

Not flipping

No flip here.... I see your point but the car is in my possesion and will be for awhile....I could spend all day buying hondas and vettes to flip....you see these cars and many more cheap and someone else is will to pay more...I paid what I did for the car and the dealer paid less to the original owner but it all comes down to what the car really is... if there were many around then selling for more then what I paid would be wrong... trying to profit on something as I am not a dealer...but does it make sense to sell the car for what I paid? no it does not... the car is hard to replace....

PS: That whole lecture on how Turbo Regals are the next coming of Christ was painful to read.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha thats a good one, and so true

Back