You can type here any text you want

2 Kills in 2 Miles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dthrock

I was coming home the other night from visiting George at Boost Performance. I was stopped at a light and a Mustang pulls up beside me. I really wasnt paying much attention to it other than a glance over when it pulls up. Well we cross the intersection and I hear him hammer it. He gets about 2 cars on me and I give it about 3/4 throttle and leave him in my rearview, WAY back there. That street ends in a T intersection and I turned right. At the next light I pick up a late model TA. He is on the far right lane and Im in the far left of a 3 lane street. There is a car between us but he gives me a rev and a lunge so I know he is going. We both get on it from a roll, me again at about 3/4 throttle and I put at least a car lenght on him. There is another light coming up so I back off figuring I proved my point.

The really sad part of this whole story is that my car is NOT tuned at all. At the time I had maybe 600 miles on my new engine and was only running about 14 or 15 pounds of boost max. If I had to guess I would say it is running a 14.0 on a pig rich breakin chip I have in there. I never went WOT on either of the runs. Cant wait to get it tuned up and start ripping off some 11s.

Dave

Nice kills... gotta love those 3/4 throttle wins when the other guy most likely has the pedal floored. :D

I know how it is to get a run and have your car not running right. I took mine to the strip a few weeks back and was having all kinds of problems. I couldn't get the boost higher than 3 psi on the launch. To compound that, I was running wayyyyy rich due to my K-B hot flash chip..as was evident by a huge trail of black smoke . The boost would go no higher than 5 psi until I hit about the middle of 2nd gear. Since this was about halfway of the 1/8 track my times were in the 9s all night. One good thing did come from this though.... my g/f got a pic of me against a Vette. It was at the point when it was only pulling 5 psi, but from the pic you can tell I was pulling from him. The next day I realized I was letting off way before the 1/4 mile mark ( as was evident by my 1/8 times being over 20 mph higher than my 1/4 times ). I'm currently waiting for a return to the track and some 11 sec. timeslips.:cool:

Back