You can type here any text you want

(2) low mile mint Turbo Buick's stolen last night from Palmyra, NJ The Auto Store

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Problem is (in this area) insurance rates are sky high for owning a car lot. My father and I looked into buying a car lot many years ago. You either have to put up an ugly 8 foot high fence around the place and carry minimal insurance, or insure all the cars and pay a ton of money in insurance premiums. So the win win is to have a consignment lot. You can make money by selling other people's cars, you have a low inventory dollar amount, and you don't have to insure the cars as it's something the car owner needs to deal with. Now they do carry over all insurance for the property but if a car on consignment gets stolen, then it's at the lots owners discretion to put in a claim or not. In this case the owner decided not to help Carmello out. So if your going to leave a car with a lot on consignment then you need to have it insured for loss. Thing that sucks is you can't keep classic insurance on the car now because it's outside and not locked in a garage.

X2 !!! Anything I had I would tell the people they are responsible for there own ins. Economey isn't helping much either. Look at all the race cars and trailers getting stolen now !!! I think its goin to turn into the old wild west!!! Catch em SHOOT em. They ever find that TTA ???

X2 !!! Anything I had I would tell the people they are responsible for there own ins. Economey isn't helping much either. Look at all the race cars and trailers getting stolen now !!! I think its goin to turn into the old wild west!!! Catch em SHOOT em. They ever find that TTA ???

The TTA never showed up. :( That was stolen from another car dealer a few towns over that Carmello use to deal with. That dealer has since went under and closed up. Carmello had these cars at another lot owned by someone else.

There is a guy near me who submitted an "alarm" to Hot Rod magazine years ago. They did a thing on the best thought up car alarm systems. This guy had many caddy's stolen from his home over the years back in the 80's. His design (and it would work and full functional) was to have a huge piece of C4 under the drivers seat with a pressure switch in the seat. When you say down in the seat you had 15 seconds to turn a key that was located in the glove box. If you did not turn this key in 15 seconds... they would need a squeegee to find any remains after it went off. He figured at least they are not going to get away with my car! While Hot Rod said it was a great system, in our screwed up world you would go to jail for murder. I always thought about having him build one for me! :D My luck I'd get in the car and forget about it!

Yeah you probably would be hauled off for murder...if they could "prove" that you rigged the car to blow....you'd have to come up with a way to remove the evidence...maybe make it to where you could make the wires and the key switch out of some type of metal that would dissolve under intense heat from the flames. However IMO the law should be changed to if you die by explosion, gunfire, etc. from stealing someone's car, then it's a suicide....you killed yourself by stealing someones car. Sounds stupid you say? I saw on TV where 2 armed thugs robbed a store, the store owner shot one of them and he died, but his accomplice, who was caught later, was charged for his buddies murder, and not the store owner. The way the law saw it, had he and his buddied not held up the store, his buddy would not have been shot.

The TTA never showed up. :( That was stolen from another car dealer a few towns over that Carmello use to deal with. That dealer has since went under and closed up. Carmello had these cars at another lot owned by someone else.

jim you're thinking about the toy store down by berlin
the TTA was dropped on a lot with the same people .. only change was they moved a few miles to new lot in a more visible spot near other dealers

i must have passed this place 1000 times.
is this place near the old Sunoco at the foot of the bridge on the NJ side?

Any word on these showing up?

For those unaware, g-body and especially TR theft has been a big issue since the time these cars came out. If you don't have some security devices, get something on yours.

Back