2004r questions/problems

Shifted hard from the get go, wouldn't shift into overdrive till about 85mph, then you can drop down to 70, went to put it in reverse the other day and it just rolls, does nothing when you give it gas, drove it home and would not shift out of 2nd automatic or manually, got it home and reverse started working for a second, added 1 quart of fluid and no difference tranny was supposably rebuilt when I bought it but has never worked right unless your full throttle then it shifts smooth, butnormal driving shifted hard until it all stopped! It's just a stock 84 gn with stock tranny, car has 123000 so I'm supposing tranny does to! Any ideas? Been told if you change filter then tranny usually craps out?

Wow....It could be a number of different things. If it was rebuilt by someone not intimately familiar with the 200 4R and has never shifted right, I would have someone go through it that knows what they are doing. I know that's not what you want to hear but you'll be happy in the long run. I had mine looked at 4 times before we got it right. Getting there was a painful process and I should have taken it to a reputable shop to begin with.

mine shifted extra hard lasted 200 miles first time 100 miles next time had to send converter off to get cleaned out got pissed an took it somewhere else then it lasted abt 4 yrs then broke a hard part not the builders fault