You can type here any text you want

Stage 1 2004r not shifting out of first at low rpm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shanepup

I have just purchased a 1986 Monte Carlo SS that looks to have a built 2004r transmission. I have the build sheet from the previous owner. I have driven the car for almost two weeks with no issues. Friday night on my way home at about 35mph the car down shifted into low gear. I stopped and put car in park and then tried to drive it home. The car will not shift out of first unless i run the rpm up real high to finally get it to shift. Could it be TV cable or the servo ? Please Help !!!!!!

I have just purchased a 1986 Monte Carlo SS that looks to have a built 2004r transmission. I have the build sheet from the previous owner. I have driven the car for almost two weeks with no issues. Friday night on my way home at about 35mph the car down shifted into low gear. I stopped and put car in park and then tried to drive it home. The car will not shift out of first unless i run the rpm up real high to finally get it to shift. Could it be TV cable or the servo ? Please Help !!!!!!
Does it go to 2nd or 3rd?

Back