2010 BPG Event Information

gbsean

Factory "Stage1 Convention" At The 2010 BPG Nationals - Buick Performance Group Forum

Let's repeat history!

Hot on the heels of the largest GSX reunion the world has ever seen, the Buick Performance Group proudly presents the first ever factory 'Stage1 Convention'.

Come "light your fire" and party with us at the 2010 Buick Performance Group Nationals to be held on July 30 through August 1 at National Trail Raceway in Hebron OH (near Columbus). Let's gather together the largest number of 1969 - 1974 factory stage1 cars anyone has ever seen since the Buick muscle car days of Flint.

All factory stage1 cars and iron-headed stage2 cars are welcome. GSXs, Gran Sports, or Rivieras – it doesn’t matter! If your Buick was originally ordered with the stage1 performance engine option, bring it. Lets get all the colors of the Buick rainbow together and shine for the world to see. Does it run? Drive it! Is it too nice to drive, or if it doesn’t run? Trailer it! Please bring ‘complete’ cars only, meaning a body, drivetrain, and (at least partial) interior are present. Any and all modifications are welcome! Rust or rot, primer or paint, concours or race car, it doesn't matter. It doesn't need to be pretty - it only needs to be a factory stage1. All cars in any condition have something to offer!

This is a friendly, relaxed event, meaning cars are not judged unless the owner wants them to be judged. Concours and street driven judged classes are available, if desired. Let's get the owners together to meet new people while kindling old friendships. We will have awards for the ‘Longest Distance Driver’, ‘Longest Distance Trailered’, and ‘Person With The Most Stage1s in Attendance’. Unless the owner wants the car judged, participants only need to pay the spectator fee to enter the show. While BPG membership is advantageous, it is not required.

The BPG will give out a 'one-time' commemorative license plate to all owners who bring stage1 cars to the reunion. It is important to please contact Marc Conigliari or Duane Heckman to get on the list and have your plate reserved. Marco can be reached anytime by email – Marco@stage1registry.com, or by dialing 610-724-1656 after 9:00PM eastern time. Duane can be reached at 610-544-6776 after 7:30PM eastern time. We would like to know your name, contact information, the year/body style/transmission/color of your car, and if you want the car judged (concours/street driven). Also, please do not assume we know you are coming - definitely contact either one of us and make it official.

This is a special event that may never come to pass again, so don't miss the factory 'Stage1 Convention' at the 2010 Buick Performance Group National Event.

and the official flyer....

2010flyer_small.gif

just a few weeks away...still some Hotel rooms available...should be some very quick cars as well as over 80 Stage 1 Buick's....

just a few weeks away...still some Hotel rooms available...should be some very quick cars as well as over 80 Stage 1 Buick's....

I will be there with my dragster. I will give it every effort to lay down my first 6 second pass!!!! I still have never made a full 1/4 mile run , but Im getting closer on the tune-up. Planning to give Rod Hendersons Promod car a bit more than he can handle.:biggrin: See you there Mike:cool:

I am from cleveland and am considering driving down there with my gn. Is this norwalk drag strip? And if i drive my car there can I park it with the other buicks Or do I have to sign up to do so? Sorry for the dumb question but I have no idea what this event is like. Am I just going to park in a parking lot and watch other cars drag race? Or is it that and a big car show where you can park with the other cars when u get there. Basically if someone can give me a little explanation at what goes on at this event I would appreciate it.

I am from cleveland and am considering driving down there with my gn. Is this norwalk drag strip? And if i drive my car there can I park it with the other buicks Or do I have to sign up to do so? Sorry for the dumb question but I have no idea what this event is like. Am I just going to park in a parking lot and watch other cars drag race? Or is it that and a big car show where you can park with the other cars when u get there. Basically if someone can give me a little explanation at what goes on at this event I would appreciate it.

Jay it's a great event if your a Buick enthusiast! This is not Norwalk. It's in Hebron, Ohio. National Trail RaceWay. Just google it up. You can drive your Buick on down and park among the other cars as long as your not in someone's pit area or blocking someone's pit area. You can just pay at the gate for what your going to do that day. There is a big tent set up as soon as you come in and you can buy tickets right there for that day. Show/Race/Spectator or whatever you want to do. Buick's all over Thurs, Friday, and Saturday is the show/race day. You can enter your car in the show or just park near it and let others admire your car. I'll usually park somewhere in the pits with the hood open as Buick guys love to check out everyone's engine bay and the mods they have done. It's a very laid back easy going event. I've been to them all and this one I like the best. Maybe because it's only an 8 hour drive for me helps but it's a great time to meet and be around your turbo Buick brothers! So come on down! :cool:

I will be there with my dragster. I will give it every effort to lay down my first 6 second pass!!!! I still have never made a full 1/4 mile run , but Im getting closer on the tune-up. Planning to give Rod Hendersons Promod car a bit more than he can handle.:biggrin: See you there Mike:cool:

Mike,

I am very happy to hear that you and your car will be there trying to get into the 6 second zone!!! Best of luck. :smile:

leaving trailers at track thursday night

can we leave our trailers at the track thur.night?
will they be locked up and will there be security?
:confused:

code for stage1 performance engine option

Probably a dumb question...
Is there a code on the trunl decal for a stage1 performance engine option?

Thanks,
DGC

Here are just some that I have so far Chuck..

Gran Sport Garage
Kirban Performance Products, Inc. Pete will be there with the ZDDP crew
99% sure Jack Cotton will be there I have to call him tomorrow :)
Jax Wax
NOS4GN is Maybe
Paul Ferry H&R Parts n Stuff

are the ones off the top of my head... :D

these are confirmed Vendors

2010 Event Vendors

there are others that have verbally said on phone they plan on attending but have to communicated via e-mail or snail mail...such as GNS Performance....NOS4GN...and a few others....that usually show up at last minute.......lots more information on the BPG website

For you guys coming in Thursday don't forget there is a meet and greet on Thursday eve! It's in the Ruby Tuesday Parking lot right down from the host hotel. Thursday starts around 5pm till....

Also new this year, there is going to be a cruise night at that same Ruby Tuesday on Friday and Saturday nights! That will be anytime from around 6pm to 8pm.

What time do the gates open on friday?? I spent 10 minuites searching ans couldnt find the answer. Thanks Mike:cool:

Another pile of pics from today (Friday) uploaded at the link above! Beautiful weather and some beautiful Buick's! Enjoy!