2015 GS Nationals TAI Rollcall!!!!!!

Love, love, LOVE all the blame on JD. See now most everyone knows what Patrick and myself go thru EVERY WEEK!!!

You guys and your diesels. I just got a GMC 1500 crew 4x4 6.2L (420hp/460tq) with the 8 speed auto, pulls like a champ and should run a 14.1 @100 in the quarter...
What kind of mileage you getting with it ?

What kind of mileage you getting with it ?

22.2 hwy 17.9 city, It can do 23+ hwy if I baby it.
Towing 32 ft trailer w/ Buick in it and my entire garage 10.5k lbs I got 8.9 mpg over 1475 miles into a headwind, avg 55 mph. With no wind/slight tailwind I got 10.1 mpg avg 70 mph for a flat stretch in FL.

22.2 hwy 17.9 city, It can do 23+ hwy if I baby it.
Towing 32 ft trailer w/ Buick in it and my entire garage 10.5k lbs I got 8.9 mpg over 1475 miles into a headwind, avg 55 mph. With no wind/slight tailwind I got 10.1 mpg avg 70 mph for a flat stretch in FL.

Diesel FTW......

Jim that is one NICE TRUCK!!!

Now's the time to buy, 20% off msrp on some GMC SLT and I was able to stack the fixed lower employee pricing plus another grand on top of rebates. A buddy of mine just bought a service loaner crew 5.3 new (4k mi) for 28k and the sticker was 43k...

Took me 2 days to change the oil. Ended up using 8.5 qts. How? Just tightened the remote oil filter by hand, rubbing the oil lines , but not all the way tight. Fired it up and no oil pressure after 3-4 seconds. Shut off. There's a giant pool of oil on the ground and all over my alky pump, bumper, and oozing out the turn signal housing. Luckily I ran her before changing the oil on the first attempt, so there was some oil through the engine and didn't lose oil prime.

Don't feel bad. ..I ended up with 2 o rings on mine at Richard Clark's. ...Oiled down the bay

Took it for lunch today, got the leaking valve covers fixed I think, only 3 drops of oil on the ground after driving. Now I just need some skinnies up front, a new trans dip stick grommet (leaks), and somehow keep TV cable from snapping out of adjustment at WOT.

Took it for lunch today, got the leaking valve covers fixed I think, only 3 drops of oil on the ground after driving. Now I just need some skinnies up front, a new trans dip stick grommet (leaks), and somehow keep TV cable from snapping out of adjustment at WOT.
Get on it brother. ...

I am heading to Richards the weekend before BG to address my transmission issue , hopefully I will be ready to race ....

Get on it brother. ...

I am heading to Richards the weekend before BG to address my transmission issue , hopefully I will be ready to race ....

Everytime you post, that red light in your sig, that is mine. Pretty sure 12 months of mental preparation just posting on the forums and not racing will give me the edge I need to not red light next time...

DSC02773.JPG

Well we know its not jd in that picture but due to the simple fact that he was already out by the time your picture was taken

;)(n) Hey Clint why dont you go drive around a little bit more.......;);););)

Last edited: