2017 TSO Rules Discussion

HighPSI

Staff member
Please post up any rule change proposals so we may discuss them. You are supposed to have raced the class in the last two years for an official proposal, but with this years rainout, we'll go back two races. This means everyone who was eligible last year, is eligible this year.

d6aea21d37d925b2cfdca6d44544b8d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL! I'm hoping this means everyone wants to leave things status quo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Since these are supposed to be cars that could be driven at least around the block. how about must have radiator in stock location.

Throw all rules out and start over.
1. 84-87 Buick regal body. Fiberglass whatever you want.
2.Buick V6 with 88mm turbo max
3. 3000lbs min weight
3. 275/60 28x10.5 tire max
4. 1/8 mile pro tree.

3. 3000lbs min weight
4. 1/8 mile pro tree.
This would be heading in the rite direction..... 3000lbs would be a stretch for anybody to achieve, maybe 3200 may be more doable.

My new car will be 2650 lbs for mx235 and all the 8.5 tire outlaw races.
Tom, what I'm trying to say is for 90 % of the TSO racers that type of weight reduction is not something they would be willing to do. It cost a ton of money to get a turbo Buick to be 2650 and still look like a street car.... Not sure it can done, trust me I know !! And mine is no where near 2650 that is why I mentioned possibly try 3200

Tom, what I'm trying to say is for 90 % of the TSO racers that type of weight reduction is not something they would be willing to do. It cost a ton of money to get a turbo Buick to be 2650 and still look like a street car.... Not sure it can done, trust me I know !! And mine is no where near 2650 that is why I mentioned possibly try 3200
Why not give them the option to get lite if they choose to. I debated about putting a weight at all. All of the "Outlaw" classes I race have a tire rule and has to have doors, that's it.

3. 3000lbs min weight
4. 1/8 mile pro tree.

The weight rule already exists

WEIGHTS:

Standard weight is 3250# with the following adjustments:
50# penalty for a liquid IC
50# penalty for wheelie bars
250# weight break for turbos 82mm or smaller. The intent of this rule is to allow a weight break for racers running standard 82mm or smaller turbos. Custom "clipped wheel" 47/88 or larger turbos will not be allowed.

The intent of the class was a "street" car class.

Onto to rule discussion-------->

- Leave weights alone
- Remove 50# penalty for wheelie bars to NO wheelie bars
- No mixing of fuel. If allowed to mix fuel, then open up fuel to E85, M1, M5, Q16, C16
- Any downpipe exit (no bull horns)
- No exhaust allowed

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Bill,
You would allow all those fuel types and continue to limit Ethanol based fuel to 85%?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Made a mistake, add no nitro based fuel. And no M5 since it's Nitro based.

If you wanna refine the fuel rule, limit M1 to non-intercooled cars.

Since these cars fit within the rules of Ultimate Street (aside a turbo/tire change), why not use some of the rules.

Billy T .
gnxtc2@aol.com

Please post up any rule change proposals so we may discuss them. You are supposed to have raced the class in the last two years for an official proposal, but with this years rainout, we'll go back two races. This means everyone who was eligible last year, is eligible this year.

Fender dumps allowed.

If I don't get any more suggestions in the next day, I am going to put together a ballot.

So far I have:

1. Radiator must be in stock location

2. Throw all rules out and start over.
84-87 Buick regal body. Fiberglass whatever you want.
Buick V6 with 88mm turbo max
3000lbs min weight
275/60 28x10.5 tire max

3. Any downpipe/exhaust allowed, exiting anywhere.

3a. If yes on 3, No bullhorns and must exit within 1" of body

4. Remove 50# penalty for wheelie bars to NO wheelie bars

5. No mixing of fuel. If allowed to mix fuel, then open up fuel to E85, M1, Q16, C16 no M5 and no nitro

6. Go back to 1/4 mile racing

Last edited: